EmuMoviesDownloader Images

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
zoopcrewkid

EmuMoviesDownloader Images

Unread post by zoopcrewkid » 29 Nov 2013, 04:02

I noticed when I try to download images for Game Boy using the EmuMoviesDownloader. The EmuMoviesDownloader program will launch but there are no image files to download.

Also, there is a glitch with the EmuMoviesDownloader when downloading MAME "artwork". It will download the artwork until the daily bandwidth limit is reached. Then when I go back the next day to continue downloading it will restart from the beginning overwriting images that were already downloaded instead of continuing from where it left off.
emuControlCenter v1.14

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: EmuMoviesDownloader Images

Unread post by Phoenix » 29 Nov 2013, 19:58

zoopcrewkid wrote:I noticed when I try to download images for Game Boy using the EmuMoviesDownloader. The EmuMoviesDownloader program will launch but there are no image files to download.

Also, there is a glitch with the EmuMoviesDownloader when downloading MAME "artwork". It will download the artwork until the daily bandwidth limit is reached. Then when I go back the next day to continue downloading it will restart from the beginning overwriting images that were already downloaded instead of continuing from where it left off.

Hi zoopcrewkid,

1) I also have nothing to download for the Gameboy though, maybe emuMovies doesn't have media, i will look this up

2a) Can you post some screens of EMD (you can attatch them to the post)?, EMD should skip existing files!
2b) Which file extension does the "artwork" have?

EMD will always start at the beginning, but skips files if they already exist!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Nov 2013, 12:15

I have fixed point 1, there was a invalid gb string in the EMD list :detective:

I can not recreate the second issue though...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

zoopcrewkid

Unread post by zoopcrewkid » 01 Dec 2013, 05:39

Cool good to hear I will test it out.

I will get you the screen shots on the second issue.
emuControlCenter v1.14

zoopcrewkid

Unread post by zoopcrewkid » 01 Dec 2013, 09:01

Here are the results from the last 2 times I tried downloading the MAME Artwork. It started from the beginning and redowloaded the same files over again. All the other image files I downloaded such as advert, icon, and banner started from where I left off. Artwork seems to be the only one doing this.
mame1.JPG
11/30/2013
mame2.JPG
12/01/2013
emuControlCenter v1.14

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 01 Dec 2013, 11:30

Hi zoopcrewkid,

I have found the problem, it seems that the Artwork form emuMovies is not a imagefile anymore, but a zip file containing several images, this is really a "big" problem i will see what trick i could do to:

1) download the ZIP file
2) extract the contents
3) get the proper image file for the artwork!

I hope to get it ready soon, otherwise i have to disable the Artwork feature!
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 01 Dec 2013, 12:55

Hi zoopcrewkid,

Both issues have been fixed in update 00584, please test it out and let me know if all works fine!
[- ECC programs -]

zoopcrewkid

Unread post by zoopcrewkid » 03 Dec 2013, 07:09

The fixes worked :thumbsup: I am now able to see and download the game boy images. The MAME artwork is downloading correctly. Thank you for the updates.
emuControlCenter v1.14

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 03 Dec 2013, 18:33

Great to hear :thumb:, closing...
[- ECC programs -]