Importing data from RomDB - Lost Playcounts

If you encounter bugs, errors or crashes, please report them in this section so we can try to fix it!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PerlMan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Importing data from RomDB - Lost Playcounts

Unread post by PerlMan » 16 Feb 2010, 19:29

Recenly I Imported RomDB for GBA.

:evil: I lost my rom's not in RomDB :evil:

Why is it made like this? Usermade metadata should never be deleted. It should supercede the data one gets from internet.

Alright. After reparsing: The roms were back in the ecc :yes_head: , but playcount's were all at 0. :angry:

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Importing data from RomDB - Lost Playcounts

Unread post by Phoenix » 16 Feb 2010, 23:38

Hi Perlman,

I don't think every 'userdata' is submitted to the ECC romDB (yet ;)), instead, create a backup of your database...

Or wait untill Andreas comes back from his wintersleep to get back to work on ECC ;)
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

PerlMan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread post by PerlMan » 17 Feb 2010, 14:02

So everytime I import RomDB from teh internets. My personal data gets overwritten?
And roms that aren't in RomDB are then removed too. So I have to reparse?
Is this why it's a beta?

DerMicha75
ECC2 (java) Developer

Unread post by DerMicha75 » 17 Feb 2010, 19:43

Hi,

I can not verfiy this:
And roms that aren't in RomDB are then removed too.
I just added some roms, imported from internet and they are still here (and still with no meta since they are not online). So this should be another problem. Which platform you tested?

Micha

PerlMan

Unread post by PerlMan » 17 Feb 2010, 23:58

Platform was Nintendo DS.

The roms that 'were lost' were located in a different directory.
/ROM/NDS/TESTING/(here's lots of sh*t)
/ROM/NDS/(here's the hand picked few that were lost)

Could it be that ecc remembers only the dir that was added later or something similar?

Temporarily losin the roms is not a probles as they are physically still intact and after reparse thay are all back with my ratings and all, but losing playcounts is critical for me as i'm a stat-wh*re.

te_lanus
ECC Support

Unread post by te_lanus » 18 Feb 2010, 00:39

I've tested it here and found nothing wrong
Busy with:
image packs:
- EPOCH Super Cassette Vision, Exelvision EXL100
Platforms:
- Cybiko Xtreme
- Matsushita (Panasonic) National JR-200
- PDP-8, PDP-11, TRS-80 Model 100
- Tangerine Microtan 65, Terminal Computer SOL-20, Wang VS

PerlMan

Unread post by PerlMan » 18 Feb 2010, 10:52

retest with GB.
Well, it didn't lose the game that i'd played, but nothing was imported either. No GB roms in RomDB? really?
Nevermind. After few retried I got some GB results. and my playcounts were left intact. :cool:

also a bit OT
When is RomDB supposed to update? I would like to contribute, but the metadata from the few games that I tried to submit hasn't appeared yet (it's been 2-3 days.).
Do I have to register in RomDB too?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 19 Feb 2010, 01:14

Hi PerlMan,

The romDB is updated every hour...at least the online DAT file...;), so i assume the entries should be added :-k
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.