Dreamcast games parsing problems

I want to show you what I'm doing some evenings in my spare time.
At first I want to say that this is ONLY A PRIVATE HOBBY PROJECT, I don't want to "kill" eCC, But eventually wake up Andreas a bit ;-)

Moderator: DerMicha75

Tormentor667

Dreamcast games parsing problems

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 04 Jul 2013, 22:34

I noticed some problems while parsing Dreamcast isos. As of now, all of my isos are packed as .rar files (just as the PS1s) and contain several files, it's actually just the way HyperSpin wants and treats them:
dreamvast1.jpg
Now the problem is that ECC2 considers them as multiple games instead of one game with multiple files to use:
dreamcast2.jpg
dreamcast2.jpg (27.41 KiB) Viewed 550 times
I have no idea how Hyperspin is working in this case, or actually the responsible emulators, but maybe you can help me here and solve the problem. No idea if it's a user-thing or a software-thing.

Maybe the same solution as for PS1 games (filename parsing, file parsing) works here as well, but that's just additional.

DerMicha75
ECC2 (java) Developer

Re: Dreamcast games parsing problems

Unread post by DerMicha75 » 05 Jul 2013, 23:28

The problem is, that multiple bin/raw files are in the packed file.

There are 3 possible solutions:

-ECC2 has an option to stop parsing packed files after forst hit. You can setup this in platform ini. Not the best idea in this case
-second solution will be name based parsing. I added this option in last version (I think). So the CRC is calculated based on the filename.
-use other extensions

The problem with name based CRC is, that you cannot rename the files and the CRCs are not compatiblew with other users using other names...

My current dc_platform.ini is other than the default. Try to edit it manually:

[EXTENSIONS]
cdi = 1
gdi = 1

So only 1 file per packed game is used. But there is a new problem: I have some games where the content of the GDI is exacly the same. So there is the same CRC calculated and ECC" only adds 1 game... This is one point on my todo list.

Micha

Tormentor667

Re: Dreamcast games parsing problems

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 07 Jul 2013, 18:24

DerMicha75 wrote:My current dc_platform.ini is other than the default. Try to edit it manually
This is what I've tried and actually works quite well, thanks. If I run into more problems I will let you know.