"No games parsed" with Hyperspin DATFILE for PS1?

I want to show you what I'm doing some evenings in my spare time.
At first I want to say that this is ONLY A PRIVATE HOBBY PROJECT, I don't want to "kill" eCC, But eventually wake up Andreas a bit ;-)

Moderator: DerMicha75

Tormentor667

"No games parsed" with Hyperspin DATFILE for PS1?

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 03 Jul 2013, 20:06

Hey Micha,

most of the DATFILES from Hyperspin (http://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/) work pretty fine so far, but I am running into troubles with the DATFILE for Playstation 1 when trying to import them. My ECC2 says

"No games parsed. Maybe a wrong datfile or it does not contain CRC values"

Considering that the file is directly and official from HyperSpin, I guess the file is right. I attached it to this post, maybe it helps.

Best regards,
Dan
Attachments
Sony PlayStation.zip
(40.38 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Tormentor667

Re: "No games parsed" with Hyperspin DATFILE for PS1?

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 03 Jul 2013, 20:09

Sorry for the double post, but the same issue appears also for GameCube games, the DAT file is attached. What's very serious here is the fact that the filenames in the XML and the filenames in the folder are perfectly identical, and still, nothing actually happens, the same message appears.

Beyond, for some reason, the EmuMovies search doesn't work for my GameCube games as well (images and stuff). Any suggestions concerning the naming conventions? It's actually as suggested by "Hyperspin" (which is Good or No-Intro afaik).
Attachments
Nintendo GameCube.zip
(17.97 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
2013-07-03_190914.jpg

DerMicha75
ECC2 (java) Developer

Unread post by DerMicha75 » 03 Jul 2013, 21:30

Hi

The problem is, that both XML does not contain CRC values (as the dialog says). Look at this example:

Code: Select all

<game image="0" index="true" name="007 - Agent Under Fire (USA)">
<description>007 - Agent Under Fire (USA)</description>
<cloneof/>
here vomes the crc (or not)

[b]<crc/>[/b]
and continued...

<manufacturer>Electronic Arts</manufacturer>
<year>2002</year>
<genre>Action</genre>
<rating>ESRB - T (Teen)</rating>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
</game>
With CRC it would be something like this:

<crc>AB6786EF</crc>
So at the moment ECC2 gives no match. I plan to add more naming options (for instance PS1 is only name based since calculationg CRC is not really possible since the ISOs have more than 1 file inside).

Micha

Tormentor667

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 04 Jul 2013, 22:29

DerMicha75 wrote:So at the moment ECC2 gives no match. I plan to add more naming options (for instance PS1 is only name based since calculationg CRC is not really possible since the ISOs have more than 1 file inside).
Exactly what I would have suggested. :) So when do you think can people expect this addition? It would be awesomely helpful to import collected data instead of adding it manually you know.

DerMicha75
ECC2 (java) Developer

Unread post by DerMicha75 » 05 Jul 2013, 23:30

I added this on my list.

Problem/Situation: Its summer, and I prefer sitting outside my house and drink beer instead of programming. So pray for bad wheather (please not!!!!!)

Micha

Tormentor667

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 07 Jul 2013, 18:19

DerMicha75 wrote:Problem/Situation: Its summer, and I prefer sitting outside my house and drink beer instead of programming. So pray for bad wheather (please not!!!!!)
Don't consider this as a problem, especially that we had the worst summer ever so far here in Germany ;)