clone info - not in eccDat ?

I want to show you what I'm doing some evenings in my spare time.
At first I want to say that this is ONLY A PRIVATE HOBBY PROJECT, I don't want to "kill" eCC, But eventually wake up Andreas a bit ;-)

Moderator: DerMicha75

Vicman
PLATINUM member

clone info - not in eccDat ?

Unread post by Vicman » 14 Jul 2012, 15:30

Hi Micha,

i've marked many vic20 games as clones.....(using the option : mark for linking - link as clone)

then i saved the eccDat file (export ecc1-datfile) and reloaded the Dat.
Now, all "clone-infos" are lost ](*,)

it seems this infos were not stored to the eccDatfile.

Do you want to add this clone-info (and maybe also other infos) to the Datfile in the Future ?
Or do we need a special Datfile for eCC2 ? - ('cause those Dat's wont work with eCC1)

Is there any solution yet, to save "clone-infos" etc. to a Datfile ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
2 Questions :
1. I can mark a game as "Favorite Dump" in Metainfo/Personal
- but can't find a button "show Fav.Dump" - so, is this a to-do ?

2. for Image-Edit view :
can you please add the column "Cover 3D"
imagepacks:
Done: Vic20, N64, Philips VG-5000 G7000 G7400, SordM5, Amstrad GX4000, Enterprise 64/128
Progress: Atari 8bit, Dosbox, Exelvision EXL 100
Vicman's eCC-Clips on You Tube

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: clone info - not in eccDat ?

Unread post by Phoenix » 14 Jul 2012, 21:06

Hi Vicman,

There is NO 'clone' option in ECC, so therefore it is not available...Micha has to write a 'own' DAT for ECC2
Are your info's not in the ECC2 DB stored? (not lost?) or did you empty the DB after export?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Vicman
PLATINUM member

Unread post by Vicman » 14 Jul 2012, 21:22

Hi Phoenix,

yeah...i used the option "hide all roms and delete metadata".......

don't know, where to find the db-info.....to bring the datas back......

however, i've added the "clone-info" again......
but no way yet, to save them to dat....

btw.
would be nice to have this option in eCC1......
i know.....atm we need Andreas for those options.
imagepacks:
Done: Vic20, N64, Philips VG-5000 G7000 G7400, SordM5, Amstrad GX4000, Enterprise 64/128

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 14 Jul 2012, 21:33

Yeah actually....we need Andreas back to get some 'major' functions added in ECC fast :sorcerer:

But i did some ECC PHP programming myself in the past 3-4 years :smartass: , i could do it, but therefore it just costs me too much time atm...i hope you understand...

Besides i got more things for ECC to come m8, just wait... currently i am busy with eccUpdate, the replacement of eccLive! and later this year we have EDC 'reloaded' coming up!

Ps. Can you download a emulator like Project64 from the downloads section, would you try it for me please!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Vicman
PLATINUM member

Unread post by Vicman » 14 Jul 2012, 21:42

Phoenix wrote:
...i did some ECC PHP programming myself in the past 3-4 years :smartass: , i could do it, but therefore it just costs me too much time atm...i hope you understand...

Besides i got more things for ECC to come m8, just wait... currently i am busy with eccUpdate, the replacement of eccLive! and later this year we have EDC 'reloaded' coming up!
sounds good :thumbsup:
Phoenix wrote: Can you download a emulator like Project64 from the downloads section, would you try it for me please!
it works :yes_head:
imagepacks:

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 14 Jul 2012, 21:50

Thanks for testing!

The download in this board are just the beginning of something great, imagine more than 1000 emulators stored for about 180 platforms....all versions known....and installed & configured in ECC with just a few clicks, no more searching...ECC would be the first & only frontend to pull that off! :thumbsup:
[- ECC programs -]

DerMicha75
ECC2 (java) Developer

Unread post by DerMicha75 » 14 Jul 2012, 22:13

Hi, phoenix is right. In the dat are only these options, that where in ECC1 available... I have to extend the datfile format for storing these values. But then they are not compatible to ECC1.

And yes, handling favorite games is on my todo list.

Micha

@Phoenix: I don't think we need ALL versions for emulators. We need WORKING versions.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 15 Jul 2012, 01:10

DerMicha75 wrote:@Phoenix: I don't think we need ALL versions for emulators. We need WORKING versions.
Yes, i know....that's the first thing we do!, but hey....i am a collector :lmfao:
[- ECC programs -]