ISSUE #08 - running IBMPCjr & CD Games

This is a forum section for ideas howto implement and running DOS games in ECC (using DOSBox), this forum wil be temporally here until the problem is solved.
Vicman
PLATINUM member

Re: ISSUE #08 - running IBMPCjr & CD Games

Unread post by Vicman » 28 Jan 2010, 21:34

SUPERB Phoenix :swing:
Phoenix wrote:why have you packed the rootfiles inside the iso to the same folder the iso resides?, was this nessesary?, can this ISO also be started if it is alone (single packed?)
No, it wasn't nessesary !
.....but in this way, the ISO-Image is also zipped, and a lot smaller then unzipped ;)
Can you make it so, that i can use zipped ISO's in eCC, that are not in the same zippped Folder then the Installed Game ?
imagepacks:
Done: Vic20, N64, Philips VG-5000 G7000 G7400, SordM5, Amstrad GX4000, Enterprise 64/128
Progress: Atari 8bit, Dosbox, Exelvision EXL 100
Vicman's eCC-Clips on You Tube

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 29 Jan 2010, 00:46

Vicman wrote:Can you make it so, that i can use zipped ISO's in eCC, that are not in the same zippped Folder then the Installed Game ?
Well.....that's the question, this was exactly what i meant in the previous posts, but i also don't know how to manage this.... we have to experiment with dosbox i think... :boxing:

Just ONE ISO file ZIPPED is what we want to archive! :yes_head:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Vicman
PLATINUM member

Unread post by Vicman » 29 Jan 2010, 12:01

Phoenix wrote: Just ONE ISO file ZIPPED is what we want to archive! :yes_head:
sorry, don't understand.....
eCC should archive/parse the (installed) Game & the Iso-Image.....
But when we don't put them in the same Folder, we have two (or more) CRC32 for a Game.....
So, we have to put all related files in one zip.....

...and it will be very difficult to make an Imagepack for this Games....
imagepacks:
Done: Vic20, N64, Philips VG-5000 G7000 G7400, SordM5, Amstrad GX4000, Enterprise 64/128

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 31 Jan 2010, 19:44

Hmmm...., the problem is that an ISO needs to be installed, so i assume there are no games that can be started from an ISO directly without being installed first?, this makes i almost impossible to get a CRC32 of an ISO game the right way.....we have to think about this, maybe we can mount the ISO with daemontools and then install > repack or something...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Vicman
PLATINUM member

Unread post by Vicman » 31 Jan 2010, 22:45

Phoenix wrote:Hmmm...., the problem is that an ISO needs to be installed, so i assume there are no games that can be started from an ISO directly without being installed first?
That's almost right.
Sometimes you can find an allready installed Game + Iso on the Internet.... i.e. on "OldGamesNeverDie" (offline at the moment)
For those Games, we only need to put both (installed Game & ISO's) into one Folder, and let eCC parsing it.
...we have to think about this, maybe we can mount the ISO with daemontools and then install > repack or something...
1.If the Game is not allready installed, put the ISO('s) into one Folder and zip the Folder.
2.Let eCC parse the Folder. Then, when first time tick on "starting game" in eCC, you can't select an executable (exe,com,bat).
3.Then ecc needs to mount:
3.1 : the ISO
3.2 : A temporary Folder
Spoiler: show
[autoexec]
@echo off
SET PATH=Z:\
keyb GR 437
mount C "E:\eCC\ecc-user\dosbox\Temp\"
imgmount D "E:\eCC\ecc-user\dosbox\ISO's\Darkseed.iso" -t iso -fs iso
Z:\config.com -securemode > nul
4. starting DOSbox with this settings above.
5. the user have to install the Game on Drive C: manually
6. ecc has to put the iso into the same Folder as the installed game,
7. then eCC has to zip & to rename all files into the new crc32...
8. eCC has to write the new autoexec......

something like this....... :rolleyes:
Attachments
iso-2.jpg
START DOSBOX
iso-4.jpg
INSTALL THE GAME YOURSELF
iso-6.jpg
THE INSTALLED GAME
iso-8.jpg
COPY GAME & ISO IN ONE FOLDER.
MAKE ONE ZIP OF IT
RENAME zip in to df4533.zip
AND WRITE NEW AUTOEXEC...
iso-8.jpg (22.69 KiB) Viewed 651 times
imagepacks: