Phoenix wrote:Hmmm...., the problem is that an ISO needs to be installed, so i assume there are no games that can be started from an ISO directly without being installed first?
That's almost right.
Sometimes you can find an allready installed Game + Iso on the Internet.... i.e. on "OldGamesNeverDie" (offline at the moment)
For those Games, we only need to put both (installed Game & ISO's) into one Folder, and let eCC parsing it.
...we have to think about this, maybe we can mount the ISO with daemontools and then install > repack or something...
1.If the Game is not allready installed, put the ISO('s) into one Folder and zip the Folder.
2.Let eCC parse the Folder. Then, when first time tick on "starting game" in eCC, you can't
select an executable (exe,com,bat).
3.Then ecc needs to mount:
3.1 : the ISO
3.2 : A temporary Folder
keyb GR 437
mount C "E:\eCC\ecc-user\dosbox\Temp\"
imgmount D "E:\eCC\ecc-user\dosbox\ISO's\Darkseed.iso" -t iso -fs iso
Z:\config.com -securemode > nul
4. starting DOSbox with this settings above.
5. the user have to install the Game on Drive C: manually
6. ecc has to put the iso into the same Folder as the installed game,
7. then eCC has to zip & to rename all files into the new crc32...
8. eCC has to write the new autoexec......
something like this.......