Problem with ePSXe image mounting script

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
Kirkor

Re: Problem with ePSXe image mounting script

Unread post by Kirkor » 16 May 2014, 21:37

Phoenix wrote:Hmmm, i don't know if there is a official portable Daemon tools, this can't be that easy! :wow: : http://www.daemon-help.com/en/installat ... ation.html
It is better to fix what is already achieved with Daemon Tools I think. Should be much less work. No need to use portable version. Everyone is able to install Daemon Tools and specify its path :)

Please see attachment. I created it for my usage. And this commandline works fine - I double click parsed image and it is mounted :) So it must work when executing script too.

Whole commandline list is here: http://www.daemon-help.com/en/windows_i ... ample.html
Attachments
1.jpg

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 16 May 2014, 22:14

Is there a error message of DT that you captured? or just commandline not valid!

Can you show me the output message where DT does not work! (with the messagebox code), and where you filled the emulator as it should be in the first place! (including escape?)
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 16 May 2014, 22:47

I may have found it, looking at the docs it should NOT be:

Code: Select all

ShellExecuteWait($DaemonTools, " -mount 0 scsi, " & $RomFile, "")
BUT

ShellExecuteWait($DaemonTools, " -mount scsi, 0, " & $RomFile, "")

The problem is that will it work with older DT's? if they added this feature lately?....hmm...so 1000 of people are complaining about that then....i have to research...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 16 May 2014, 22:50

I realized your mistake in commandline before that you first wrote "0 scsi" and not "scsi 0" :) But it doesnt work too. Soon I will show printscreens of every method.

Commandline havent changed then it must work for older versions too. Even if it did, it is a free program so everyone should use some of the newest - why not upgrade something because thye are using old thing? :) It would break development of anything if you looked backwards.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 16 May 2014, 22:57

Kirkor wrote:Commandline havent changed then it must work for older versions too. Even if it did, it is a free program so everyone should use some of the newest - why not upgrade something because thye are using old thing? :) It would break development of anything if you looked backwards.
Yeah, the same thing for your 7-zip issue? :crazy: :lmfao:
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 16 May 2014, 23:02

Oh well, it seems i have to setup my own ECC for testing with PS1 again too....or this could never be solved, the above coreected command just works for me, so it has to be in one of ECC variables...
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 16 May 2014, 23:07

When using " ShellExecuteWait($DaemonTools, " -mount 0 scsi, " & $RomFile, "")" you can see error in "1.jpg" Syntax error because it is faulty command line.

When using " ShellExecuteWait($DaemonTools, " -mount scsi, 0, " & $RomFile, "")" - jpg.2 file. It says there is error in commandline.

When using " MsgBox(64, "DEBUG", $DaemonTools & " -mount 0 scsi, " & $RomFile)" - jpg.3 file.

I think possible reasons are that in commandline, Daemon Tool probably wants to see bin, img etc., files and not cue. Commandline on their website I think says it too (but not sure). When I tested my command line that i have shown here viewtopic.php?p=21480#p21480, it doesnt work when you uee cue file, it only mounts when frontend sends bin file.

The other thing is that it starts Daemon tools main menu. When I use my command line above, then it mounts iage without opening main menu. That could also be a reason.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 16 May 2014, 23:09

Phoenix wrote:
Kirkor wrote:Commandline havent changed then it must work for older versions too. Even if it did, it is a free program so everyone should use some of the newest - why not upgrade something because thye are using old thing? :) It would break development of anything if you looked backwards.
Yeah, the same thing for your 7-zip issue? :crazy: :lmfao:
In this case older version of 7zip is better and here there is no reason to use older version of Daemon Tools :P In other words in 7zip case older version is going to work for everyone and in Daemon Tools case the situaton is different. And these old users - they seem "inactive" so they dont count :lmfao:
Phoenix wrote:Oh well, it seems i have to setup my own ECC for testing with PS1 again too....or this could never be solved, the above coreected command just works for me, so it has to be in one of ECC variables...
It also works for me in example that I specified. Seems fronend messes something :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 17 May 2014, 11:51

Okay, i did some tests, and adjusted the eccScriptsystem.au3, please test it out!
This WORKS and is tested by me, no errors at all, CD get's mounted! and unmounted perfectly! (ONLY ESCAPE CONFIG = ON!!)

Select
		Case $CDaction = "mount" ; Mount a CD image
			ToolTip("Mounting '" & $RomExtensionInfo & "' please wait...", @DesktopWidth/2, @DesktopHeight/2, $eccSystemName, 1, 6)
			ShellExecuteWait($DaemonTools, " -mount scsi, 0," & $RomFile, "")
			ToolTip("")
		Case $CDaction = "unmount"; Unmount a CD image
			ToolTip("Unmounting CD image...please wait...", @DesktopWidth/2, @DesktopHeight/2, $eccSystemName, 1, 6)
			ShellExecuteWait($DaemonTools, " -unmount scsi, 0", "")
			ToolTip("")
	EndSelect
*EDIT: File deleted!

NOTE: FOR DAEMONTOOLS > USE ONLY THE ESCAPE SETTING WHEN USING THE (MOUNT) SCRIPT!!

Test eccScript:

CDImage("mount")
Sleep(10000)
CDImage("unmount")
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 17 May 2014, 15:41

Image is mounted perfect now :) It seems the problem was in emulator script as eccScriptSystem.au3 has the same data (with mount scsi, 0) that we already tested.

The only problem is that ePSXe doesnt start and game doesnt run. After the while image gets unmounted by itself (I think it is because ePSXe didnt start).

Does script have to be adjusted for emulator to run mounted game?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 17 May 2014, 18:07

Kirkor wrote:Does script have to be adjusted for emulator to run mounted game?
Ofcourse :crazy: :crazy: as stated above it was just a test script!
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 17 May 2014, 18:37

Phoenix wrote:
Kirkor wrote:Does script have to be adjusted for emulator to run mounted game?
Ofcourse :crazy: :crazy: as stated above it was just a test script!
I see. Maybe it would be wise to merge two scripts for normal runninig: viewtopic.php?p=21457#p21457 with the script for mouting (from this topic) into this: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5164

This way you could mount or run normally with ePSXe depending of what image file you are running.

But the problem could be how to implement it.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 17 May 2014, 18:53

Kirkor wrote:But the problem could be how to implement it.
Use the ECC options?, never tested...

Her is the merged script can you test it out?:

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Platform               : Sony Playstation 
; Script for             : EPSXe
; Script version         : v2.0.0.0
; Last changed           : 2014.05.17
;
;
; Author:  Phoenix
;
; NOTES:
;
; ECC settings:
; %ROM% /mount		= Start PSXe and mount a CD.
; %ROM% /nomount	= Start PSXe without mounting a CD.
; 
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; ==============================================================================
; You need to implent this block in every script, this changes the workfolder to
; the folder where this script is executed, and loads the 'eccScriptSystem' script.
FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)
#include "..\eccScriptSystem.au3"
; ==============================================================================

; BEGIN OF SCRIPT
Select

Case $CmdLine[0] = 0
        Exit

Case $CmdLine[1] = "/mount"
        ExecuteScriptMount()
        Exit

Case $CmdLine[1] = "/nomount"
        ExecuteScriptNomount()
        Exit

EndSelect
Exit

Func ExecuteScriptMount()
CDImage("mount")
ShellExecuteWait($eccEmuEmulatorPath & $eccEmuEmulatorFile, "-nogui" )
CDImage("unmount")
Endfunc

Func ExecuteScriptNomount()
EmuWindowControl("ePSXe")
Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{Down}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Send($RomFile, 1)
Send("{ENTER}")
Endfunc

; END OF SCRIPT
Exit
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 17 May 2014, 22:37

It doesnt work. When using mounting script (%ROM% /mount), nothing happens and ePSXe doesnt run too. In attachment setting I used so that you can check if all is fine.

When tried second part of the script for (%ROM% /nomount), also nothing happens. This script is tested to be working so it seems it must be something wrong with merged script :) And when setting slot for this version of script, I think use cue file must be unchecked.

I thought about implementing it and it seems easy - use %ROM% /mount for commandline parameter (with use cue file on) and use another slot with %ROM% /nomount (with use cue file off).

The only problem is a working merged script - but when it is done then ePSXe will be covered well with scripts so people can run all type of games with one click :)
Attachments
1.jpg

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 May 2014, 12:08

Good!, now i know where the problem is, ECC doesn't pass the commandline parameters behind the script (so the script doesn't detect them either), i will update eccScriptSystem.au3 for you to test!

Again: You settings are good!
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 May 2014, 12:45

Okey tested and now also parameters are given trough the script from ECC

Replace eccScriptsystem with this one to test:
eccScriptSystem.au3
(19.21 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Then use this script for the ePSXe (you can just only use the /nomount to disable mounting):

; Script for             : ePSXe
; Last changed           : 2014.05.18
;
;
; Author:  Sebastiaan Ebeltjes (aka Phoenix)
;
; NOTES:
;
; ECC settings:
; DEFAULT			= Mount CD and start ePSXe with -nogui
; %ROM% /nomount	= Start ePSXe without mounting a CD. (menu scripting)
;

; You need to implent this block in every script, this changes the workfolder to
; the folder where this script is executed, and loads the 'eccScriptSystem' script.

; BEGIN OF SCRIPT
If $eccEmuCmdparameter1 = "/nomount" Then
	ExecuteScriptNomount()
	Exit
EndIf

; Start mount (default)
ExecuteScriptMount()
Exit

CDImage("mount")
ShellExecuteWait($eccEmuEmulatorPath & $eccEmuEmulatorFile, "-nogui")
CDImage("unmount")
Endfunc

Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{Down}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Send($RomFile, 1)
Send("{ENTER}")
Endfunc

; END OF SCRIPT
Exit
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 15:10

I will test soon :)

I would suggest to use in this form:
; DEFAULT = Start ePSXe without mounting a CD. (menu scripting)
; %ROM% /mount = Mount CD and start ePSXe with -nogui
Mouting is necessary much less times so mounting shouldnt be set as default I think.

It should also be noted in notes that when using mounting script, option "use cue" should be checked and when not using mounting script, option "use cue" should be off. I think it must be chosen by the user and cannot be done by the program - someone who dont know it may have problems as ePSXe wont run when using "use use" when "Start ePSXe without mounting a CD. (menu scripting)" is used.

And I would correct the script for mounting. It uses -nogui which we already know brings problems (you cannot use ePSXe main menu anymore for example). Is it possible to add script so that it will "run cd rom" by gui?

Script for mouting would be executed, image mounted and just after add this:
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{ENTER}")
This will open mounted cd rom image in ePSXe in gui :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 May 2014, 15:36

When using a script after mount for the menu system you cannot use ShelexecuteWait, and there is no telling when ECC needs to unmount the Image, so you have to use your own fantasy, maybe a ePSXe window detect (look for examples in other scripts)

This is my last and FINAL version of the ePSXe script, this way it will be updated & shipped with ECC!

Only post bugs if it's not working , any further comments or wishes are personal taste, you have to create/adjust your own script!

; Script for             : ePSXe
; Last changed           : 2014.05.18
;
;
; Author:  Sebastiaan Ebeltjes (aka Phoenix)
;
; NOTES:
;
; ECC settings:
;
; *** Start ePSXe without mounting a CD. (menu scripting):
; %ROM% (DEFAULT)
; ESCAPE = ON
;
; *** Mount CD and start ePSXe:
; %ROM% /nomount
; ESCAPE = ON
; USE CUE FILE = ON
; (cd will not be unmounted)
;
; *** Mount CD and start ePSXe with NO GUI (-nogui)
; %ROM% /nomount /nogui
; ESCAPE = ON
; USE CUE FILE = ON
;

; BEGIN OF SCRIPT
If $eccEmuCmdparameter1 = "/mount" Then
	If $eccEmuCmdparameter2 = "/nogui" Then
		ExecuteScriptMountNogui()
	Else
		ExecuteScriptMount()
	EndIf
EndIf

; Start mount (default)
ExecuteScriptNoMount()
Exit

Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{Down}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Send($RomFile, 1)
Send("{ENTER}")
Endfunc

CDImage("mount")
ShellExecute($eccEmuEmulatorPath & $eccEmuEmulatorFile)
Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{ENTER}")
;CDImage("unmount")
Endfunc

Func ExecuteScriptMountNogui()
CDImage("mount")
ShellExecuteWait($eccEmuEmulatorPath & $eccEmuEmulatorFile, "-nogui")
CDImage("unmount")
Endfunc
; END OF SCRIPT
Exit
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 16:22

Phoenix wrote:When using a script after mount for the menu system you cannot use ShelexecuteWait, and there is no telling when ECC needs to unmount the Image, so you have to use your own fantasy, maybe a ePSXe window detect (look for exemaples in other scripts)
For me it can be left unmounted :) It is much better this way than using -nogui that allows unmounting of the image.
Phoenix wrote:Only post bugs if it's not working , any further comments or wishes are personal taste, you have to create/adjust your own script!
I doubt if anyone is going to want to changing anything. Now with all these changes, merging of scripts and other improvements this is a great script for ePSXe ;)

I will tell soon how it works with these 3 variations of the script.
Phoenix wrote:Only post bugs
Yes, there is a bug in script - "Sony Playstation" should be written "Sony PlayStation" :lmfao:

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 17:47

Something is wrong. Only this first script works:
*** Start ePSXe without mounting a CD. (menu scripting):
; %ROM% (DEFAULT)
; ESCAPE = ON
In two other scripts it looks like first script is executed because image is not even attempting to mount and even funtion for cdrom is not used in ePSXe, but only function to run iso from first script.

I think scripts have messed up "mount" and "nomount" indications everywhere :)
*** Mount CD and start ePSXe:
; %ROM% /nomount
; ESCAPE = ON
; USE CUE FILE = ON
; (cd will not be unmounted)
;
; *** Mount CD and start ePSXe with NO GUI (-nogui):
; %ROM% /nomount /nogui
; ESCAPE = ON
; USE CUE FILE = ON
When I changed to "mount" in commandline (%ROM% /mount) it started to mount image file but then it still executed the script to load iso dirfectly and not from virtual drive.

So again I think "mount" and "nomount" are wrong everywhere and have to be adjusted to every script. In info it says "nomount" and should say "mount" as it is performing mounting. And when you look at the script is says "Func ExecuteScriptMount()" and "Func ExecuteScriptMountNogui()". It would explain why this function doesnt work.

Also this is left from previous version "Func ExecuteScriptNomount()". Now it is set as default in settings, and not "nomount".

I am not sure about this all, it is only what I think. For sure you will know :)