Problem with ePSXe image mounting script

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Problem with ePSXe image mounting script

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 May 2014, 18:13

I't a typo: "/nomount" should be "/mount" in the infofield, for the rest it's not casesensitive...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 18:16

Phoenix wrote:I't a typo: "/nomount" should be "/mount" in the infofield, for the rest it's not casesensitive...
I havent talked about anything case sensitive. What I said is that info to be put into command line (%ROM% /nomount) is different than you used in script. Second and third script dont work completely maybe because of this.

Anyway something is wrong as it is not a working script :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 May 2014, 18:23

Please download update 607, all patched files & versions are in there, i will fix any typo's i can find in a future update!

If the script still doesn't work maybe the Autoit help files could help you on the way!: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions.htm
You can always test and debug the script yourself with a MSGBOX, look in eccScriptSystem for the variables to use with your script.

Adjust the eccScript to you liking, and when you get it to work, you can post the code on the forum!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 19:35

Phoenix wrote:Please download update 607, all patched files & versions are in there, i will fix any typo's i can find in a future update!

If the script still doesn't work maybe the Autoit help files could help you on the way!: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions.htm
You can always test and debug the script yourself with a MSGBOX, look in eccScriptSystem for the variables to use with your script.

Adjust the eccScript to you liking, and when you get it to work, you can post the code on the forum!
I already have 607 update.

I have no idea how to fix this script :(

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 20:17

Phoenix wrote:Adjust the eccScript to you liking, and when you get it to work, you can post the code on the forum!
I am not sure if we understand each other now. I am not trying to adjust this new script (that you wrote) to my likings. It is just about that it is not working :) And if you mean that I am to fix it then I just have no idea how to do it as I have completely no knowledge in programming or writing such scripts :) I can make tests, give suggestions and corrections that I was all doing (and it is all really time consuming) but I just cannot program anything - maybe only some very basic scripts that I wrote before.

ePSXe wont be an emulator that I will be using a lot - more like in a very rare occasions so that the time I spent on it is for other people that want to use it. Maybe then someone else can help here, but sadly no one seems to help in anything.

For now this script from newest update is to be deleted as it has bugs that make it not working.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 May 2014, 20:47

Then it's a good time to learn it! google autoit and get started! :crazy: the thing is that not every PC is the same, it could work at my computer but not at yours etc, so autotit is pretty easy to learn, i think you get the hang of it in 3 evenings!

Nevertheless, i will not put much time in this script anymore, you can upload your version of the epsxe emulator +needed plugins and a "small" CD image to a filehoster, pm the link, when i found some time i will have a look at it!
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 20:54

Phoenix wrote:Upload your version of the epsxe emulator +needed plugins and a "small" CD image to a filehoster, pm the link!
Alright.

But first I will do some more testes with proper commandline because these "nomount" in info caused some problems when testing at first time above. We will knwo waht exactly to look for. From these new tests with proper commands it seems to quite work with only a few problems. I need some time now to check every of these three scripts and the problems that are with them - I will describe soon and then send whole emulatro with a game for your tests. I can say for now that first script for nomount is working correctly :)

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 20:56

Phoenix wrote:so autotit is pretty easy to learn, i think you get the hang of it in 3 evenings!
That's easy to say when being a programmer :P For people with different skills like me it is just a pain by looking at all these codes and functions :)

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 22:07

It is not that bad as it looked to be - the wrong info you provided in script messed a lot at my first test :P Otherwise it nearly all works :) Here is exactly what happens with every of these merged three scripts into one. With this description it will be very easy for you to find what the problem is :)

First script "%ROM% (DEFAULT)":
Func ExecuteScriptNomount()
EmuWindowControl("ePSXe")
Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{Down}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Send($RomFile, 1)
Send("{ENTER}")
Endfunc
There are no problems with first sript. It is just working perfectly.

Second script "%ROM% /nomount" - it should be corrected in notes to "%ROM% /mount":
Func ExecuteScriptMount()
CDImage("mount")
ShellExecute($eccEmuEmulatorPath & $eccEmuEmulatorFile)
Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{ENTER}")
;CDImage("unmount")
Endfunc
It is nearly all fine. Image is mounted, script "alt, enter, enter" is executed, mounted cd rom is run and game starts correctly. The only problem here is that after it happens, for whatever reason first script is executed and is loading the game. It happens in a two ways - rarely it opens just another ePSXe window and nothing happens, another time (which happens the most) it opens ePSXe window and starts to input game path into emulator "file - run iso" - just as in first script. I am sure it is first script executed (just after second finishes) by seeing what happens.

It must be a script fault that causes first script to execute with second. When it is "blocked", then second script will be fixed completely.

Image is not unmounted which is correct.

Third script "%ROM% /nomount /nogui" - it should be corrected in notes to "%%ROM% /mount /nogui":
Func ExecuteScriptMountNogui()
CDImage("mount")
ShellExecuteWait($eccEmuEmulatorPath & $eccEmuEmulatorFile, "-nogui")
CDImage("unmount")
Endfunc
Here the problem is the same as with second script. Game is mounted, nogui version appears as it should be and game is loaded. But when you press escape button to close nogui version, then the same happens as with second script - first script is executed. It always happens when you close game. And it is when image is unmounted in this script. Third script gives very good conclusion because first script executes just after image is unmounted which is exactly when third script finished. It would mean that when second and third script finish their job, then first script executes.

It should be very easy for you now to find why first script executes after second and third finish :)

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 18 May 2014, 22:21

I think I found a partial fix to the problem. I deleted from your script:
; Start mount (default)
ExecuteScriptNoMount()
Exit
And now first script doesnt execute when second and third finish. Second and third script work perfect when it is deleted. But dont look at me if I understood what I did because I didnt :lmfao: I was just trying to remove certain lines, knowing from above described problem that something must casue first script to execute, and it started to work :)

But another problem appearted - by removing these three lines, first script stopped working completely. But after all I did, it should be extremely easy now for you to fix it :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 May 2014, 22:47

I forgot to put the "Exit" after the commandline codes, that's why the script got run twice! #-o, give it a try and let me know!

Code: Select all

If $eccEmuCmdparameter2 = "/nogui" Then
        ExecuteScriptMountNogui()
    Else
        ExecuteScriptMount()
    EndIf
Should be:

Exit
    Else
        ExecuteScriptMount()
        Exit
    EndIf
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 19 May 2014, 02:16

It all works perfect now :)

I corrected wrong info in script notes from "/nomount" to "/mount" and "/nomount /nogui" to "/mount /nogui" . I am copying whole script. Please check if all is fine. Seems new update is needed :)

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Platform               : Sony PlayStation
; Script for             : ePSXe
; Script version         : v2.0.0.0
; Last changed           : 2014.05.18
;
;
; Author:  Sebastiaan Ebeltjes (aka Phoenix)
;
; NOTES:
;
; ECC settings:
;
; *** Start ePSXe without mounting a CD. (menu scripting):
; %ROM% (DEFAULT)
; ESCAPE = ON
;
; *** Mount CD and start ePSXe:
; %ROM% /mount
; ESCAPE = ON
; USE CUE FILE = ON
; (cd will not be unmounted)
;
; *** Mount CD and start ePSXe with NO GUI (-nogui):
; %ROM% /mount /nogui
; ESCAPE = ON
; USE CUE FILE = ON
;
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; ==============================================================================
; You need to implent this block in every script, this changes the workfolder to
; the folder where this script is executed, and loads the 'eccScriptSystem' script.
FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)
#include "..\eccScriptSystem.au3"
; ==============================================================================

; BEGIN OF SCRIPT
If $eccEmuCmdparameter1 = "/mount" Then
        Exit
    Else
        ExecuteScriptMount()
        Exit
    EndIf
EndIf

; Start mount (default)
ExecuteScriptNoMount()
Exit

Func ExecuteScriptNomount()
EmuWindowControl("ePSXe")
Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{Down}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Send($RomFile, 1)
Send("{ENTER}")
Endfunc

Func ExecuteScriptMount()
CDImage("mount")
ShellExecute($eccEmuEmulatorPath & $eccEmuEmulatorFile)
Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{ENTER}")
;CDImage("unmount")
Endfunc

Func ExecuteScriptMountNogui()
CDImage("mount")
ShellExecuteWait($eccEmuEmulatorPath & $eccEmuEmulatorFile, "-nogui")
CDImage("unmount")
Endfunc
; END OF SCRIPT
Exit

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 19 May 2014, 08:10

Good work! :thumb: , i'll take this in the next update!
[- ECC programs -]