ePSXe nogui commandline problem

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
Kirkor

ePSXe nogui commandline problem

Unread post by Kirkor » 14 May 2014, 21:03

Hi, there is a problem with ePSXe "-nogui" commandline problem. It allows to run a game immediatelly because in gui mode games cannot be run at all (I think script would be needed to select image file and then load it), But it has some disadvantages. By disabling gui you cannot come back to ePSXe gui mode during game play which makes you unable to change disc, manage slots, memory cards and all sorts of options. When you press "escape" it normally takes you back to gui and you can change setting, but in this ePSXe just closes.

Any way to solve this?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: ePSXe nogui commandline problem

Unread post by Phoenix » 14 May 2014, 23:37

I just think that's how the emulator works, i tried googling the issue, but no luck, i could help you with a script, or do you want to try to make one yourself first? :crazy:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 15 May 2014, 00:11

That's not really an issue of the emulator. The thing that it wont accept loading roms directly is normal - it is when we use scripts. And the thing that it closes when escape button is pressed on keyboard and doesnt open emulator menu then like it normally is - because it runs with commandline "-nogui". It causes that it doesnt come back to gui because there was a commandline specified to not use gui. It alows you to run a game but breaks another thing - emulator menu :) Strange that no one reported it here before considering how ePSXe is popular :P

I think the only option is to run games with script. I think I might be able to do it myself as ePSXe accepts pressing of alt. If I couldnt do it, then I would ask you :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 15 May 2014, 09:42

And when you remove the -nogui form the ECC options for that emulator, what happens then?

The problem is that this emulator lacks support of good commandline interface, that's why it's still a emulator issue, you want to start the ROM from commandline (assuming only works with -nogui), and when pressed ESC it goes back to menu, they did not program that...i guess, so maybe there is a better emulator around?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 15 May 2014, 12:37

Phoenix wrote:And when you remove the -nogui form the ECC options for that emulator, what happens then?
Game doesnt load - seems it doesnt accept loading games this way but only by going to options and choosing image file. Please note that these settings in commandline "-nogui -loadiso %ROM%" come preconfigured when you choose this emulator so someone did it before.
Phoenix wrote:The problem is that this emulator lacks support of good commandline interface, that's why it's still a emulator issue, you want to start the ROM from commandline (assuming only works with -nogui), and when pressed ESC it goes back to menu, they did not program that...i guess, so maybe there is a better emulator around?
That's right - it seems so that they did it this way.

There are better options than ePSXe (Xebra or Mednafen) but I want to use ePSXe too as it is useful at some occasions - like when I want to upscale games or because it supports sbi files (Xebra and Mednafen doesnt).

I will try to make script for this if there is no other option. Do you have any other idea? :)

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 16 May 2014, 01:08

I have managed to make a working script :) Here it is:

Code: Select all

EmuWindowControl("ePSXe")
Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
;
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{Down}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Send($RomFile, 1)
Send("{ENTER}")
Please improve it if it is possible. But I tested it many times and it works perfect (with escape path on or off). Games will load and you can now use main menu when escape button is pressed.

I have two questons. First - could you please explain what does "escape path" really do?

Second is about "Send($RomFile, 1)" - why I had to specify "1" after "$RomFile"? When I used only "Send($RomFile)" then wrong path was used and gem didnt load. When using "Send($RomFile, 1)" it works fine.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 16 May 2014, 08:31

Good job! :thumb:

1) Watch the commandline preview when selecting and deselecting "escape path", it adding " to the windows command to run the emulator!

ePSXe.exe c:\my folder\my rom.iso doesn't work, windows will see 3 arguments due to spaces in the path names:

1) c:\my
2) folder\my
3) rom.iso

ePSXe.exe "c:\my folder\my rom.iso" does work ;-)

2) see here: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/doc ... s/Send.htm
I''s how the keys are sent with 1 they are sent RAW
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 16 May 2014, 12:08

Are you going to add this script as ePSXe.eccscript?

I think that a very good way would be to merge this script with the one for image mounting into this that you just wrote: viewtopic.php?p=21463#p21463

This way there would be two scripts for ePSXe for normal running of games and image mounting.

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 19 May 2014, 12:45

I think this topic can be closed because it is now done here: viewtopic.php?p=21525#p21525