PC Engine CDs - How to add to emuControlCenter?

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
GeoMan

PC Engine CDs - How to add to emuControlCenter?

Unread post by GeoMan » 09 Apr 2014, 21:55

How can i add these CD games (PC Engine) to emuControlCenter?

Example:
cd.png
cd.png (8.79 KiB) Viewed 702 times
Thanks!

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: PC Engine CDs - How to add to emuControlCenter?

Unread post by Phoenix » 10 Apr 2014, 00:53

Hi Geoman,

Normally you should name the .iso the same as the .cue and then parse the ISO file...and use the option "use cue file" in ECC to run it, but it seems you have 2 datatracks?, thus i advise to:

1) ZIP it and give the ZIP the same name as the .CUE
2) Parse in ECC and use Autoextract (+option skip allready unpacked files)
3) Enable option "use CUE file"

That could work!

Or maybe compress an combine the whole ISO/WAV tracks into one CSO file?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

GeoMan

Unread post by GeoMan » 10 Apr 2014, 15:40

I am trying to configure Ootake (PC Engine emu) with ECC to work with CD images. Contrary to many emulators you don't pass the CD image path/name to Ootake. You have to define first that Ootake reads for example from a virtual drive F: and then mount the image with an image mounting program. When you start Ootake it reads the CD image from drive F:

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 10 Apr 2014, 21:53

GeoMan wrote:I am trying to configure Ootake (PC Engine emu) with ECC to work with CD images. Contrary to many emulators you don't pass the CD image path/name to Ootake. You have to define first that Ootake reads for example from a virtual drive F: and then mount the image with an image mounting program. When you start Ootake it reads the CD image from drive F:
I have read before that Ootake isnt user friendly when it comes to load CD images. Therefore it can be hard to load games with frontend. Maybe try another emulator? From what I know also, Oootake isnt the best PC Engine emulator (but it doesnt mean that it is bad). If it was most accurate and best emulator availalbe then it would be worth to spend time trying to make it work with this frontend. So maybe try Mednafen or MagicEngine? :) There is also Turbo Engine that should be on par with these two.