Script for Classic99 emulator of Texas Instruments TI-99/4A

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
Kirkor

Script for Classic99 emulator of Texas Instruments TI-99/4A

Unread post by Kirkor » 28 Mar 2014, 21:12

Hi, can someone help with writing script for Classic99 emulator of Texas Instruments TI-99/4A?

It can be downloaded here: http://www.harmlesslion.com/cgi-bin/sho ... =Classic99

Roms can be downloded here at the bottom of this page (direct link: http://depositfiles.com/files/eatwgj5vl): http://southcentralemulation.blogspot.c ... -roms.html

Many of them are allowed by Texas Instruments, even included with Classic99 emulator, so anyone can grab thm as they want, no problems here I think.

It seems to be the best emulator for this system. However, there are no scripts available. I have no idea how to write scripts or to program anything, but before I posted it, I tried on my own by looking at already available scripts to see how it works. The problem seems that there are no hotkeys for Classic99 emulator and I think mouse emulation should be used to load roms.

I would make it as this:

Code: Select all

; Load ROM
;
Send("{ALT}")
Send("{Right}")
Send("{Right}")
Send("{Right}")
Send("{Down}")
Send("{Down}")
Send("{Down}")
Send("{Right}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Send($RomFile)
Send("{ENTER}")
But as I said no hotkeys work so it is impossible to type ALT, and then navigate to load rom. Please dont laugh if this "script" is funny for you :) but the idea is to navigate to "cartridges" -> "user" -> "open" and then load rom. I think mouse emulation has to be done here to navigate to "cartridges" first but I have no idea how to do it.

Anyone can do this?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Script for Classic99 emulator of Texas Instruments TI-99

Unread post by Phoenix » 28 Mar 2014, 21:42

I've tested it, the problem is that there is no "quick" ALT function integrated, there is not even a commandline #-o , so a window detect + mouse move could do the trick.... :smartass:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 28 Mar 2014, 21:52

Phoenix wrote:I've tested it, the problem is that there is no "quick" ALT function integrated, there is not even a commandline #-o , so a window detect + mouse move could do the trick.... :smartass:
That's right. Are you able to make it happen? Dont look at me - it is probably first time I have seen such (PHP?) script in my life :lmfao:

But this emu is good, probably the best for this system so I think it is worth adding script :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 28 Mar 2014, 21:53

Is it about the DSK files or the G+C files?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 28 Mar 2014, 21:57

Phoenix wrote:Is it about the DSK files of the G+C files?
It is about .g and .c files - these are games files. I also realized it - roms come from respected TOSEC group by looking at file naming, but they use strange extensions like you just said - .g and .c (they all are cartridge files).

It is best to add such extensions to the frontend. Anyway, these roms are the most complete anyone can find anywhere and Classic99 emulator plays them fine so adding such extensions is a must here.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 28 Mar 2014, 22:36

Done :smartass: , works flawlessly :sorcerer: , you can expect this script & patch in the next update!

If you want it now, you adjust the file (and restart ECC): \ecc-system\system\ecc_ti99_system.ini, to add the G & C extensions, like this:

[EXTENSIONS]
obj = 1
pgm = 1
img = 1
dsk = 1
ticart = 1
tidisk = 1
titape = 1
g = 1
c = 1
[PARSER]
FileParserGeneric#ti99 = obj, pgm, img, dsk, ticart, tidisk, titape, g, c
[META_DEFAULT_DSK]
media_type = 3
Import the ROMS, and use this script:

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Platform               : Ti99/4
; Script for             : Classic99 v3.x.x
; Script version         : v1.0.0.0
; Last changed           : 2014.03.28
;
;
; Author: S. Ebeltjes (aka Phoenix)
;
; NOTES: 
; 
; - Loads a file trough the menu
; - DISABLE "ESCAPE PATH" function in ECC emulator config!
;
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; ==============================================================================
; You need to implent this block in every script, this changes the workfolder to
; the folder where this script is executed, and loads the 'eccScriptSystem' script.
FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)
#include "..\eccScriptSystem.au3"
; ==============================================================================

; BEGIN OF SCRIPT
EmuWindowControl("Classic99")
Sleep(1000)
; Load ROM
$WinPos = WinGetPos("Classic99")
MouseClick("left", $WinPos[0]+150, $WinPos[1]+40 , 1, 10)
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Send($RomFile, 1) ;Send RAW otherwise the # does not work, therefore you cannot use the "romname" (escaped name)
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(2000)
Send("{ENTER}")
; END OF SCRIPT
Exit
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 28 Mar 2014, 23:23

Great, thanks!

But it seems to doesnt work for me. Here is the screenshot:
eccSystem bug.png
I copied what you wrote to "ecc_ti99_system.ini". The files were parsed. Then I copied whole script, turned off escape path as it is written in script, and restarted. What am I doing wrong? :( I did everyting according to instructions.

Also, I realized that only 323 files were parsed instead of 350. I unpacked all files and there are also .bin and .d extensions there. I know how to add it myself now but please add it to the update if possible too so everyone has it :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 29 Mar 2014, 08:42

Ps. you can attatch images ;-)

Could you post (as an attatchment) your "ecc-script\eccScriptSystem.au3" file, i want to see where it goes wrong, maybe you have another version...

I'll also add the .d and .bin extensions in the next update! :thumb:
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 29 Mar 2014, 11:49

Phoenix wrote:Could you post (as an attatchment) your "ecc-script\eccScriptSystem.au3" file, i want to see where it goes wrong, maybe you have another version...
It says "Version: 1.2.1.5 (2013.12.29)". File attached :)
Attachments
eccScriptSystem.au3
(17.09 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 29 Mar 2014, 12:38

Great, you've found a bug.... :clapshout: , iv'e found and fixed it, will be added in the next update!

You can download and replace the file with this one, let me know if it all works now... :boxing:
Attachments
eccScriptSystem.au3
eccScriptSystem v1.2.1.6
(17.09 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 30 Mar 2014, 12:55

Phoenix wrote:Great, you've found a bug.... :clapshout: , iv'e found and fixed it, will be added in the next update!

You can download and replace the file with this one, let me know if it all works now... :boxing:
Works perfect now :). Thanks!

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 31 Mar 2014, 00:33

One more problem. After updating to the newest version that you just released, such problem appears (file is in attachment, sorry but I dont knw how to put it in here).

Its name is "test" so i assume you forgot to switch this message off somewhere :) Before this update it was all fine and no message appeared when executing script.
Attachments
1.jpg

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 31 Mar 2014, 13:07

Thanks, will be fixed in the next update.

Ps. you can just delete the line with MsgBox(64... in the script!
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 02 May 2014, 15:03

Phoenix wrote:Thanks, will be fixed in the next update.

Ps. you can just delete the line with MsgBox(64... in the script!
It seems that this problem is still there. You probably forgot to remove this line in updates :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 02 May 2014, 19:17

Hi Kikor, it seems i've forgot this.... #-o
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 04 May 2014, 15:58

This should be fixed in update 00602! :thumb:
[- ECC programs -]