Mame startup settings

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
jamesensor

Mame startup settings

Unread post by jamesensor » 16 Mar 2013, 06:34

Hi all,

Is there a way to config certain types of roms to launch with specific settings?

Take for example Space Gun and Alien 3, they need mouse emulation and so I place -mouse in the command line settings. How could I specify for these roms a mouse parameter?

I also solved the problem of the mame.exe and rom path by placing the exe in the root folder of mame directory ^^

jamesensor

Re: Mame startup settings

Unread post by jamesensor » 16 Mar 2013, 18:45

Finally I can leave a message ^^ somehow the site was down the last night. I now realise for what is the alternate command line startup and solve my problem lol

mame.exe -window - mouse (for shooters)
mame.exe -window (global setting)

Excellent stuff...

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 17 Mar 2013, 11:14

Hi jamesensor,

Good, that you have found the solution! :thumb:

Ps. Andreas and i have made this program because other frontends (back in 2006) did lack some features we really wanted, so we put it all in....to run ROMS with all possible options/configurations as can be...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

jamesensor

Unread post by jamesensor » 19 Mar 2013, 05:16

Yes, very much, this fixes the problem.

MameArcade GUI has all these things to tick but it's a separate gui and I took a shot with your frontend. Of course I had to read some stuff about its switches (-window -mouse, this and that) but at the end it's worth it.