Cant Get Any Dat File To Work

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
appollo147

Cant Get Any Dat File To Work

Unread post by appollo147 » 09 Jul 2010, 22:01

First off I would like to say that I hope I am posting this in the right section of the forum, if not I apologize. Well, that being said onto my problem. I can't get any dat files from No-Intro.org to work. I click "Datfiles --> Import Datfile --> Import Romcenter Datfile" then navigate to the downloaded file and click yes when it asks if I want to import the dat file. I then get a message that says the import is done, I then proceed to re-start ECC but my rom data doesn't change, it still says no information available for every rom (I'm working with with the complete and latest GBA No-Intro set ATM) some systems have metadata available I just mentioned GBA because it has no information for any game. Here's the file name of one of the dats I am trying to use, this is just an example as I can't get any dat file to work "Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (20100703_CM).dat." I have also tried "Live Update but it always says that no updates are available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Cant Get Any Dat File To Work

Unread post by Phoenix » 11 Jul 2010, 14:11

Hi appollo147,

Strange that it doesn't work because those dat are in the "old" CTRL Mame format (ECC cannot read XML DAT formats (for now))

1. Ss it only the GBA wich doesn't work? or are there more platforms?
2. You should recieve ECC Live! updates till update 00443 (look on top in the ECC titlebar to verify this)
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

appollo147

Re: Cant Get Any Dat File To Work

Unread post by appollo147 » 11 Jul 2010, 16:39

No dat files work I just used GBA as an example in my first post because I had just downloaded it to my desktop and and tried to import it right before I wrote my first post, so I just copied and pasted the filename to the original post as a matter of convenience. Am I using incompatible Dat files, doing something wrong when trying to import it, or is it a bug in ECC?. And in case you need it I am using ECC v1.1 Build:6 Upd:00445. As always any help would be greatly appreciated.