Image packs not workng? and Amiga files crash -

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
dolligan

Image packs not workng? and Amiga files crash -

Unread post by dolligan » 25 Jun 2010, 22:50

First I want to say that I have just discovered emuControlCentre and am absolutely blown away because it's exactly what I have been hoping someone would make for years! I've downloaded hundreds and hundreds of frontend programs and never been able to get one set up just like I want it - most of them seem to be absolutely hopeless.

emuControlCentre seems to do absolutely everything I want, however I have come across two problems just after starting into using it ...

Firstly the image packs don't seem to work like it describes in the tutorial - I downloaded all the NES images and unpacked them, but when I started ECC up again it didn't show me any thumbnail images?

And scanning Amiga ROMs, the program just crashed out as it was adding them to the database, and gave me an error that was something to do with CLI (?), then ECC crashed.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Image packs not workng? and Amiga files crash -

Unread post by Phoenix » 26 Jun 2010, 00:41

Hi dolligan,
dolligan wrote:First I want to say that I have just discovered emuControlCentre and am absolutely blown away because it's exactly what I have been hoping someone would make for years! I've downloaded hundreds and hundreds of frontend programs and never been able to get one set up just like I want it - most of them seem to be absolutely hopeless.

emuControlCentre seems to do absolutely everything I want, however I have come across two problems just after starting into using it ...
Yes... ;-) that why we created ECC ;-)

dolligan wrote:Firstly the image packs don't seem to work like it describes in the tutorial - I downloaded all the NES images and unpacked them, but when I started ECC up again it didn't show me any thumbnail images?
(S)NES roms can contain "rip" headers (a blueprint of the specific software that rips the catridge to ROMfile), You need 'headerless' (pure) roms, your (S)NES roms may have 'RIP' headers inside them! (so the CRC32 is different)

the topic was here: http://ecc.phoenixinteractive.nl/viewto ... =51&t=1895
this was also the problem for Lynx roms, here: http://ecc.phoenixinteractive.nl/viewto ... =41&t=1880
dolligan wrote:And scanning Amiga ROMs, the program just crashed out as it was adding them to the database, and gave me an error that was something to do with CLI (?), then ECC crashed.
Does this always occur when you are parsing your Amiga roms?, or was it just a incident?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

dolligan

Re: Image packs not workng? and Amiga files crash -

Unread post by dolligan » 01 Jul 2010, 18:23

Hi again, thanks for replying.
Have been playing around with ECC for a bit more since I wrote that first post - I managed to scan my Amiga ROMs on the second attempt so that must have been a one-off bug.
I am having a few other little problems though!
Firstly, when I tell it to start an Amiga game (clicking Start Rom or double clicking the link in thelist) I just get a blank WinUAE (i.e the hand holding disk prompt, and no ADF file inserted in the floppy).

Secondly whenever I try and run a dosbox game I get the error message Autolt Error: Line 237 (File "c:\Documents and Settings\Toshiba etc

(load of other junk - why doesn't Windows let you cut 'n' paste from error messages??)

Error: Subscript used with non-array variable.

Any ideas for help with these two problems?