Downloaded PS1 Imagines and they do show up?

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
djfourmoney

Downloaded PS1 Imagines and they do show up?

Unread post by djfourmoney » 07 Jun 2010, 09:56

I downloaded the PS1 Image Pack and no game images show up, did I do something wrong?

There's no meta data for any of the games I have uploaded

lordashram
ECC Support

Re: Downloaded PS1 Imagines and they do show up?

Unread post by lordashram » 11 Jun 2010, 00:14

The problem with CD-ROM based games is that there was no standard for ripping the games to the pc.
Some are ISO, others are BIN/CUE or MDS/MDF or NRG or any other ISO based format.
Since the image packs are CRC based, this could cause an issue.

Fortunately there is are two major groups that are working on resolving this, TOSEC & ReDump, who are working on redumping all the CD-ROM/ISO based games into their own standard. This will help, but it will still leave the fact that CRC based frontend/image pack will need 2 different sets.

djfourmoney

Re: Downloaded PS1 Imagines and they do show up?

Unread post by djfourmoney » 11 Jun 2010, 17:41

lordashram wrote:The problem with CD-ROM based games is that there was no standard for ripping the games to the pc.
Some are ISO, others are BIN/CUE or MDS/MDF or NRG or any other ISO based format.
Since the image packs are CRC based, this could cause an issue.

Fortunately there is are two major groups that are working on resolving this, TOSEC & ReDump, who are working on redumping all the CD-ROM/ISO based games into their own standard. This will help, but it will still leave the fact that CRC based frontend/image pack will need 2 different sets.
I figured it out, thanks and I uploaded the information to the RomDB