DosBox: problems starting game with script

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
Vicman
PLATINUM member

DosBox: problems starting game with script

Unread post by Vicman » 01 Apr 2010, 20:28

Hi Phoenix & Co,

The Game-Dump from the UG-DosCollection : Darts (1989)(Softdisk Publishing) [Simulation, Sports]
has the fileextensions *.IMG and *.Com

To start/run the Game, I need to choose the *.com-file.....

But because of the *.IMG-file in the Game-Directory, the DosBox-Script starts automatically the *.img....

So, it is not possible to start the Game in eCC, yet.

(If you want to test it, drag&drop the *.com-file on the dosbox.exe)

Is there a way to fix this problem ?

EDIT :
Same problem for : Dragon's Lair (1989)(Sullivan Bluth Interactive Media, Inc.) [Action]

Need to start the Game.exe but eCC automatically starts the Script, because of a R00.IMG-File in the Directory....

btw. not an April-Joke :clown:
imagepacks:
Done: Vic20, N64, Philips VG-5000 G7000 G7400, SordM5, Amstrad GX4000, Enterprise 64/128
Progress: Atari 8bit, Dosbox, Exelvision EXL 100
Vicman's eCC-Clips on You Tube

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: DosBox: problems starting game with script

Unread post by Phoenix » 05 Apr 2010, 01:16

Hi Vicman,

When i wrote this ECC dosscript i knew this would happen :yes_head: :surrender: , ok try change these lines:

Code: Select all

; === DETERMINE ROM TYPE ===
ToolTip("Determing ROM type...", $ClientRes[0]/2, $ClientRes[1]/2, "ECC DOSBox", 1, 2)
RecursiveFileSearch($GameOutputFolder, "(?i)\.(img)", "", 1, true, 0) ;Search only for .IMG files.
If Ubound($RFSarray) = 2 Then ;When there is only 1 IMG file found (+1) = 2.
	$RomType = "img"
Else
	$RomType = "dos"
EndIf
into:

Code: Select all

; === DETERMINE ROM TYPE ===
ToolTip("Determing ROM type...", $ClientRes[0]/2, $ClientRes[1]/2, "ECC DOSBox", 1, 2)
RecursiveFileSearch($GameOutputFolder, "(?i)\.(img)", "", 1, true, 0) ;Search only for .IMG files.
If Ubound($RFSarray) = 2 Then ;When there is only 1 IMG file found (+1) = 2.
	$RomType = "img"
	; Determine if this IMG file is part of a dos game using .exe/.com files, if yes...set back to dosgame
	RecursiveFileSearch($GameOutputFolder, "(?i)\.(exe|com)", "", 1, true, 0) ;Search only for .EXE/.COM files.
	If Ubound($RFSarray) >= 2 Then $RomType = "dos" ;When there are .EXE/.COM file found (+1) = 2.
Else
	$RomType = "dos"
EndIf
That should do the trick, let me know if it worked!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Vicman
PLATINUM member

Unread post by Vicman » 05 Apr 2010, 10:36

After putting the new lines in the Script,
and also then manually deleting the *.conf in "configs" & the *.ini in "gamesettings" for that Games in the "ecc-script\dosbox"-folder...

all works fine :peace: :1st:
imagepacks:
Done: Vic20, N64, Philips VG-5000 G7000 G7400, SordM5, Amstrad GX4000, Enterprise 64/128
Progress: Atari 8bit, Dosbox, Exelvision EXL 100
Vicman's eCC-Clips on You Tube

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 07 Apr 2010, 21:32

Fixed in the next update ;), closing...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.