Could script be written to use mamewah ontop this?

Do you have trouble to set-up your emulator for a platform?, need a script?...ask here, we might be able to help you!
mas5acre

Could script be written to use mamewah ontop this?

Unread post by mas5acre » 08 Feb 2009, 20:36

I really enjoy this new toy emucontrolcenter to enjoy my old toys (games), but could a script be written for it to give information to mamewah on a commandline level or am I just dreamin. mamewah is kinda of cool looking, but thats about it, too much work to set up, but it would be a cool extension program of emucontrolcenter if said script is even possible, or am I just not understanding anything? I thought about this when someone asked if znes's ini could be altered with script. I was surprised the answer was a yes.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Could script be written to use mamewah ontop this?

Unread post by Phoenix » 08 Feb 2009, 20:38

Hey nothing is impossible ;), can you spcify more details?, like mamewah commandline parameters, and what has to be changed in the ini?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

mas5acre

Unread post by mas5acre » 08 Feb 2009, 22:01

I guess I'm not sayin it right. Can emucontrolcenter give information to mamewah about emulators installed, games and associated pictures so mameah can basically work off of emucontrolcenter since mamwah runs at a commandline level. Im probably should of just stuck this in the feature request section. Your software is superior in an ease of use kind of way, but isn't really pretty on a arcade cabinet or mce pc hooked to a tv. You guys are more function over form....that's a compliment as I hate form over function.

To ramble, my mother bought a textured bear lightswitch cover, the bear parts are as elevated as the lightswitch, looks nice and all, but u can never find the lightswitch in the dark. I hated that thing. You guys are like a regular lightswitch plate. mamewah is the textured, cant find it in the dark,piece of garbage but looks pretty lightswitch plate. Get the analogy?

I really think this belonged in the feature request section, the more I write it. Anyway your setup reminds me of itunes. I use regular itunes all the time, like I plan to with mamewah, but ocassionally I run coverflow or its visualizer. Itunes is to music as gamewah is to games, only without the junk.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 08 Feb 2009, 22:10

So if i am right your mean something like an conversion pack that transports installed ECC emulators, games and images to mamwah?, someone also asked if it could be possible to transfer gamebase to ecc, haahah, well if you meant that, i can assure you it's a terrable lot of work wich could take weeks to accomplish, nevertheless we have other prio's atm, but it is not impossible...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

mas5acre

Unread post by mas5acre » 08 Feb 2009, 23:48

i dont really mean like right now, but maybe like someday in the way not so distant future, i mean your software isn't even 1.0 yet. Low on list of priorites I'm sure. Maybe one day u guys could build your own visualizer in emucontrolcenter.