1. Install D-Fend Reloaded: http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/
2. Run D-Fend and add your DOS games to it. You can import games from ZIP files if you wish. Right-clicking on the game in D-Fend will let you edit and tweak the configuration for each individual game if you need to. You can exit D-Fend after setting up (and perhaps testing) your games.
3. Open ecc_dosbox_system.ini in your ECC system folder. Delete everything and paste in the following:
4. Configure DOSbox in ECC. Set the emulator to DFend.exe and leave the commandline parameter as %ROM%. Make sure that the only options checked are "filename only" and "no extention." I've attached a screenshot of what my window looks like.[EXTENSIONS]
FileParserGeneric#dosbox = prof
5. Add new roms for DOSBox and browse to your Dosbox\Confs directory. It should pick up the configuration files you created for each game in D-Fend.
6. Launch your games with ECC!
This works perfectly on my system. However, since all your *.prof files will probably have different CRCs, you won't be able to use any kind of database for your metadata. Otherwise, I find this to be a pretty great solution!