Atomiswave dat file

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
wAw

Atomiswave dat file

Unread post by wAw » 03 Nov 2009, 18:24

Hello :)
As this is my first post in here, I'd like to thanks for this great work on this frontend, I really like the community spirit of this project !

Now, my problem is that after some tries, I didn't manage to get what I want, so I'm coming here to find answers :)

The actual datas for Atomiswave platform (and also CPS-1, CPS-2, and perhaps Neogeo) are based on the archives files. I mean that a CRC32 is used to check if the Zip-file is correct.
The problem is that we can get arcade roms from multiples sources, and we also can rezip them to gain some space.

At first I tried to take the demul 0.5.5 dat file (from pleasuredome), and I manage to isolate the atomiswave platform. This was a successfull attempt from the dat side, but when I try to import this file in ECC, it does nothing.
atomisw.7z
Atomiswave splitted dats info from Demul 0.5.5
(9.9 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
I'm assuming it comes from the ECC way of checking (zip file crc32 instead of unzipping the archive and check each rom crc32).

The problem with atomiswave is that 3 roms are recognized as neogeo roms (but aren't), and the others aren't recognized at all. With CPS-1, I've tried split roms and merged roms, but in all case, the games aren't recognised well, this leads ECC to mismatch showed games (a World game appears as a japanese game), but of course when launching the game we fall on the world version and it works, but that's not the point.

Do I miss something :sweatdrop: ?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Atomiswave dat file

Unread post by Phoenix » 03 Nov 2009, 20:31

Hi wAw,

Welcome to our forum!

1. ECC does not extract the files from a ZIP to determine the CRC32, it get's the archive contents (wich includes the CRC), so files will not be unpacked :sorcerer:

2. The problem is that your DAT files are in XML format, wich cannot be read by ECC at the moment, please convert them to CLR MAME DAT format, instructions are located here: http://ecc.phoenixinteractive.nl/viewto ... =54&t=2573 ,and try again :smartass:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

wAw

Unread post by wAw » 03 Nov 2009, 21:27

Thanks a lot :loveit:

This now works perfectly, I still have to fill the specifics ECC's fields and then I'll upload them with the ECC export menu (this is a great option !).
Here is the working data file :
atomisw-mamelist.7z
Sega-Sammy Atomiswave datas splitted from Demul 0.5.5
(3.95 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
The ECC's datafile and imagespack will follow on this topic as soon as I've finished them :)

About the first point of your explanations , I'm wondering why are CPS-1 games (and also CPS-2) not recognised well, as crc32 from roms inside the archive should match the one I've got (tested with clearmamepro, romcenter, dat explorer...). Clearly, I wonder where these ECC infos came from, and if I can correct them for the community with mine that came from last mame and winkawaks datas infos (sets rebuild with winkawaks 1.60 .dat export, and mame roms folder).
The thing is that I don't want to upload my CPS-X infos if some people have right recognition with current ECC's datas infos...
Perhaps it is possible for me to make a specific dat file, like cps1-winkawaks160 ?

If this is the case, tell me, I'll do it with pleasure :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 03 Nov 2009, 22:30

Hi wAw,

1. It seems we are missing the DAT file for 'atomisw' in the folder 'ecc-system\datfile' that's why atomiswave roms are not validated, i'll add this DAT file in the next update ;-)

2. The problem of not recognizing/validating other ARCADE ROMS right..., is that we use the latest DAT file (now (from) mame v0.134), maybe you have older MAME versions of these games, and need to be updated...?, i have to test this sometime....
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

wAw

Unread post by wAw » 03 Nov 2009, 23:38

Thanks for your time Phoenix :)

For your information when you look at it, I've rebuild the CPS's sets from MAME 0.134 roms and Winkawaks 1.60 DAT file (obtained with an export option directly in Winkawaks). Also, after trying the full merged set, I tried with a full splitted set, and now I'm finally with a splitted and 'cleaned' set (1G1R with Romcenter 3.40).

I suppose that winkawaks DAT file, which is from january 2009, doesn't include all files from MAME's CPS roms... I'll look at it too because this doesn't explain why, in example, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (World 930201) is recognized as Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (Japan) by ECC.

Hey hey, time turns, I go back to my Atomiswave images pack construction :D

Vicman
PLATINUM member

Unread post by Vicman » 05 Nov 2009, 18:26

wAw wrote: Hey hey, time turns, I go back to my Atomiswave images pack construction :D
That sounds very nice in my ears ;) :thumbsup:
imagepacks:
Done: Vic20, N64, Philips VG-5000 G7000 G7400, SordM5, Amstrad GX4000, Enterprise 64/128
Progress: Atari 8bit, Dosbox, Exelvision EXL 100
Vicman's eCC-Clips on You Tube