Script request for SSF (sega saturn)

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
howardphilips
ECC Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Script request for SSF (sega saturn)

Unread post by howardphilips » 26 May 2008, 23:30

Hi all,
Maybe this could be used for another emu: SSF, one of the best sega saturn emus!
This one needs a CD or CD-image to be loaded and no commandline can be used directly.
Is this achievable?
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Script request for SSF (sega saturn)

Unread post by Phoenix » 26 May 2008, 23:37

Hi Howard,

I'll take a look at this, it should be possible :D
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

howardphilips
ECC Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread post by howardphilips » 28 May 2008, 10:14

Wow :shocked:
That would be great!
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 02 Jun 2008, 21:58

Hi Howard,

I tried to make this work, but i get the sega saturn intro screen (need BIOS file(s)) but then i cannot press the play button, i have choosen the right CD/DVD drive (the one mounted from deamon tools) any idea howto load a IMAGE from the emulator?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

howardphilips
ECC Support

Unread post by howardphilips » 02 Jun 2008, 23:46

Phoenix wrote:Hi Howard,

I tried to make this work, but i get the sega saturn intro screen (need BIOS file(s)) but then i cannot press the play button, i have choosen the right CD/DVD drive (the one mounted from deamon tools) any idea howto load a IMAGE from the emulator?
Yes, normally the process is:
- first, to assign the image in Daemon Tools to a virtual drive
- then, launch SSF (the game should launch automatically when SSF is properly configured)

That's the way it normally works. If you want I can play with your script to see where the problem is...

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 03 Jun 2008, 08:19

Well... i haven't made a script yet, because i first need to examine the emulator first, how to load and play a game... ;)
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 10 Jun 2008, 19:45

@Howard,

I get this error, and SSF always says drive open...when closed it says empty disc :?

p.s. do i need a STV ROM?
Attachments
ssf_error.png
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 10 Jun 2008, 19:55

OK, i got it started, works fine, just need a script to run deamon tools to mount the image :D
Attachments
ssf_sonicblast1.jpg
ssf_sonicblast2.jpg
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 10 Jun 2008, 20:17

@Howard,

I also got a lot of 'disc errors' any idea what's causing it? , do the tracks on the cd need to be loaded (cue) or is the ISO mounting enough to play the game?
Attachments
ssf_discerror.jpg
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 11 Jun 2008, 20:31

YES i have made CD mouting possible with the scripts, this is how the new Sega Saturn script for 0.9.8 looks :P

Code: Select all

; Platform       	: Sega Saturn
; Script for     	: SSF v0.0.9 Alpha R4
; Script version 	: v1.0.0.0
; Last changed   	: 2008.06.11
;
;
; Author : Sebastiaan Ebeltjes, Phoenix Interactive
;
; NOTES:
; When you set the correct CD drive in the config of SSF, the game
; will play automaticly!, you only have to configure this once.
;

; ==============================================================================
; You need to implent this block in every script, this changes the workfolder to
; the folder where this script is executed, and loads the 'eccScriptSystem' script.
FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)
#include "..\eccScriptSystem.au3"
; ==============================================================================

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; BEGIN OF SCRIPT
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CDImage("mount")
ShellExecuteWait($eccEmuEmulatorPath & $eccEmuEmulatorFile, "", "")
CDImage("unmount")

; END OF SCRIPT
Exit
so easy... :sorcerer:
[- ECC programs -]

ECC
ECC Founder & Developer 2005-2009

Unread post by ECC » 11 Jun 2008, 20:46

looks really easy :-)
ECC Developer 2005-2009
http://www.camya.com/ecc/