Problem with progress bar when extracting roms from archives

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kirkor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Problem with progress bar when extracting roms from archives

Unread post by Kirkor » 14 May 2014, 19:03

Hi, I found one problem with progress bar when extracting roms from archives. When game is extracted, then game is not loaded because progress bar window (in my case 7zip) has to be closed first. When you click on "close" then game loads.

Also why there are 2 errors always shownthere when extracting? I dont have it when unpacking in a normal way.

And another question - what does mean "there are data after the end of the archive"?
Attachments
1.jpg

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Problem with progress bar when extracting roms from arch

Unread post by Phoenix » 14 May 2014, 23:12

1) This is the 7zip GUI, i did not programmed it ;-)
2) 2 errors?, i only see 1 warning...
3) maybe there is data beyond the ending of the archive, or 7z file could be corrupt, if the roms start good, ignore this error.
4) i think the window does ask for closing due to the warning! (no warning = window closes and rom starts)

Well i could look if there is a commandline option to ignore the warning and close the window :-k
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 14 May 2014, 23:21

Well, i could not find anything to suppres the warning ECc is already using "-y: assume Yes on all queries"...maybe it' s better to repack the (corrupt) 7Z file(s)?

Code: Select all

7-Zip 9.32 alpha  Copyright (c) 1999-2013 Igor Pavlov  2013-12-01

Usage: 7z <command> [<switches>...] <archive_name> [<file_names>...]
       [<@listfiles...>]

<Commands>
  a: Add files to archive
  b: Benchmark
  d: Delete files from archive
  e: Extract files from archive (without using directory names)
  h: Calculate hash values for files
  l: List contents of archive
  t: Test integrity of archive
  u: Update files to archive
  x: eXtract files with full paths
<Switches>
  -ai[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard}: Include archives
  -ax[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard}: eXclude archives
  -bd: Disable percentage indicator
  -i[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard}: Include filenames
  -m{Parameters}: set compression Method
  -o{Directory}: set Output directory
  -p{Password}: set Password
  -r[-|0]: Recurse subdirectories
  -scs{UTF-8|UTF-16LE|UTF-16BE|WIN|DOS|{id}}: set charset for list files
  -sfx[{name}]: Create SFX archive
  -si[{name}]: read data from stdin
  -slt: show technical information for l (List) command
  -so: write data to stdout
  -ssc[-]: set sensitive case mode
  -ssw: compress shared files
  -t{Type}: Set type of archive
  -u[-][p#][q#][r#][x#][y#][z#][!newArchiveName]: Update options
  -v{Size}[b|k|m|g]: Create volumes
  -w[{path}]: assign Work directory. Empty path means a temporary directory
  -x[r[-|0]]]{@listfile|!wildcard}: eXclude filenames
  -y: assume Yes on all queries
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Kirkor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread post by Kirkor » 15 May 2014, 00:01

Phoenix wrote:1) This is the 7zip GUI, i did not programmed it ;-)
2) 2 errors?, i only see 1 warning...
3) maybe there is data beyond the ending of the archive, or 7z file could be corrupt, if the roms start good, ignore this error.
4) i think the window does ask for closing due to the warning! (no warning = window closes and rom starts)

Well i could look if there is a commandline option to ignore the warning and close the window :-k
2. Look again - it is written "Errors: 2" near compression ratio :)

Archives are not corrupted. They are all fine. As I said, if you extract them in a normal way, there are no errors. I also used a "test archive" option, and they are fine. There is no way that they are corrupted.

How does it work for you? Did You test bigger 7zip files?

I found this: http://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discu ... d/4286f2d1

It is similar problem, but is about tar files. I am not sure why it sees my archives as "wrong".

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 15 May 2014, 09:49

The problem is with 7zip, you could contact the author and report this issue.

Or maybe you should try a 'stable' version, you can download 7zip here: http://www.7-zip.org/
currently ECC uses 7z v9.32alpha, but you can download and install v9.20 or 9.22beta

Look in the 7z install folder for 7zG.exe and replace ecc-core\thirdparty\7zip\7zG.exe with the older one, maybe that could solve your problem... :-"

let me know!
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 15 May 2014, 12:25

Phoenix wrote:The problem is with 7zip, you could contact the author and report this issue.

Or maybe you should try a 'stable' version, you can download 7zip here: http://www.7-zip.org/
currently ECC uses 7z v9.32alpha, but you can download and install v9.20 or 9.22beta

Look in the 7z install folder for 7zG.exe and replace ecc-core\thirdparty\7zip\7zG.exe with the older one, maybe that could solve your problem... :-"

let me know!
It solved the problem. Thanks! :)

I copied my whole 9.20 version that I have installed to ecc-core\thirdparty\7zip\. It explains then why I didnt have these errors when unpacking in a normal way - because v9.32alpha only shows these errors as you suggested.

Maybe it is better to use 9.20 instead of 9.32 for frontend as it seems to have bugs? :) I think it is going to delete my 7zG.exe file when updating.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 15 May 2014, 12:30

Kirkor wrote:Maybe it is better to use 9.20 instead of 9.32 for frontend? :)
Hmmm v9.32 has many bugfixes over v9.20...even in alpha state, and maybe the above will be standard behavior for v9.32...who knows...

Maybe for now we could switch back....i will think about this...
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 15 May 2014, 12:31

Ps. Have you only copied 7zG.exe or also the 7z.dll and 7z.exe??

So, is you current situation?:

7z.exe > v9.32a
7zG.exe > v9.20
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 15 May 2014, 12:40

Phoenix wrote:Ps. Have you only copied 7zG.exe or also the 7z.dll and 7z.exe??

So, is you current situation?:

7z.exe > v9.32a
7zG.exe > v9.20
I replaced all files from 9.20 including 7z.exe and 7zG.exe so that there was nothing left from 9.32a.

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 16 May 2014, 12:51

If it is not changed to 9.20 then I will have to do it myself with every update as it deletes my files :)

For me there is no reason to use 9.32 if it causes problems. Even if it has some bug fixes, they are not important, because primary function for frontend is to unpack games without problems and 9.20 does it while 9.32 not. I just dont see sense to use 9.32.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 17 May 2014, 11:03

There is no reason to replace your 7z files every ECC update ;-) only when it's getting updated to a newer version, which is stated in the update text!

7Z is not getting downgraded, i will make a note in the ecc readme file if people have this problem, to downgrade the 7zip if needed.
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 17 May 2014, 13:01

But my 7zip files were always removed and updated as I wrote :) Seems it is because I was making test by updating from 00601 and maybe in one of these updates 9from 601 to 606) new 7zip files were included.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 May 2014, 11:42

I meant incremental updates, not from the beginning!, why would people always install a new version and then update ;-), in the next update there will be note in the readme file!

From time to time new versions of ecc are released (repacked) wich inlcude all updates!

Closing this topic...
[- ECC programs -]