White space in images

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
Blackbird

White space in images

Unread post by Blackbird » 01 Jul 2013, 19:49

Is there any way to remove white space?
image1.png
So it's aligned to left like a huge icon.
Here's my bad mockup
image2.png
The same applies to the grid view(IMAGES tab). Too much pointless white space. I'd like to have an option to reduce space.
image3.jpg

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: White space in images

Unread post by Phoenix » 03 Jul 2013, 01:56

Hi Blackbird,

This is not do-able PHP-GTK does not support this, maybe a stretch function could be implemented for the images, but also images with different size will give a messy overview in this window, i would not suggest it.

To reduce the whitespaces in the IMAGES tab, you can set the images text-cutoff in the configuration to a lower number for example 10:
ecc_images_text_cutoff.png
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Blackbird

Unread post by Blackbird » 03 Jul 2013, 15:47

I tried that and it looks exactly same :(

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 04 Jul 2013, 18:35

Blackbird wrote:I tried that and it looks exactly same :(
Have you restarted ECC?, on my ECC i get 5 rows with 10 images (instead of 10 rows with 5 images), so the images should be more "cropped" together!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Blackbird

Unread post by Blackbird » 04 Jul 2013, 21:07

I did. Changing the value shows the "you need to restart" window, but after the restart it looks same.

Can you try the value: 0, is any thing changed after that?

Blackbird

Unread post by Blackbird » 04 Aug 2013, 13:21

Sorry for late reply,but you replied by editing my post so I didn't see it. Changing it to 0 does nothing.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 17 Nov 2013, 23:06

In detail view it is not supported by PHP-GTK, the widths in "detail view" are fixed, the images in "listview" are also fixed but whitepsaces between them can be set in ecc config!

closing...
[- ECC programs -]