Problem with configuration window size

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
Tormentor667

Problem with configuration window size

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 09 Jun 2013, 18:59

Hello guys,

another little problem that bothers me atm is the configuration window size that appears when I use the appropriate menue
snap01.png
For a strange reason it seems to be very tall (about 3000px height), so I only see the middle of the whole window.
snap02.png
I can't resize it or change its height/width. Beyond there is also no scrollbar somwhere so I could make my settings. The only workaround that I've found so far is writing the .ini files directly with an editor, but that's not a solution. Is there a way to reset the height of the window or a different fix? I've also tried making the configuration window "fullscreen", it visually works but I can't change any setting then, because the system freezes.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Problem with configuration window size

Unread post by Phoenix » 09 Jun 2013, 19:23

Hi,

Wow, i've never seen this before or had any complaints about it...., this is a strange bug, could be system related though, maybe there is a way to "fix" this window.

1) Does the same thing happen if you go to TOP menu --> Emulators --> Configuration
2) Ps. please attatch any images to your post, this prevents dead links in a while... (in this case i already did it for you) :thumb:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Tormentor667

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 09 Jun 2013, 19:30

1) Yeah, it happens with any way how I can reach the window, so I guess it has something to do with the menue window itself and not the way how to activate it
problem222.jpg
2) Didn't know about this, but I will attach images to posts in the future, sorry for the additional work.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 09 Jun 2013, 19:36

Well, this is not how the config screen should look!! :-k ,this is very strange and possibly only occuring on your system..

The ecc config screen looks like this:
ecc_config.png
Please do these steps: Top menu --> Tools --> GTK theme select --> Select Default theme and save, restart ECC...is the problem gone?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Tormentor667

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 09 Jun 2013, 19:44

The strange thing is, that I am already using the default theme.
default.jpg
Switching to a different theme doesn't help either. But something I noticed is, that the images present in your screenshot are missing in my configuration:
missing.jpg
*EDIT*
I just redownloaded the files from http://ecc.phoenixinteractive.nl/ but it doesn't do any better, problem persists.

Tormentor667

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 09 Jun 2013, 23:47

After a complete reinstallation and cleanup I managed to solve the problem. The images are visible again and the config window works as intended. That doesn't solve the problem overall but as long as I can't reproduce this, we can consider this as a "user error" and not a problem of the program itself.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 10 Jun 2013, 00:44

Ok great!, if this happens again, please do report again!, for now i close this topic!
[- ECC programs -]