File extension for SSF

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
retroboyz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

File extension for SSF

Unread post by retroboyz » 17 Nov 2012, 20:02

Hey, few issues with Saturn emulation:

- Default emulator seems to be Yabause, I'd suggest SSF which is much more compatible
- Most Saturn games are in bin/cue format, but the AutoIT script only supports .iso.

If you click a bin/cue game you will see a message from AutoIT Eccscript: The current extension bin is not supported by Daemon tools, abort

Thanks!

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: File extension for SSF

Unread post by Phoenix » 17 Nov 2012, 23:36

Hi retroboys,

1) So .SSF is a valid extension for Sega Saturn emulation? if that's true i will add this extension in the next update! :yes_head:

2) BIN files are not supported by deamontools, maybe they are with a CUE file? :-k

These are the supported formats to use wih Deamontools:

cue - CUE sheet
iso- ISO image
mds - Media Discriptor file
b5t- BlindWrite image
b6t - BlindWrite image
bwt- Blindread image
ccd - Clone CD image
isz - Compressed ISO image
nrg- Nero image
pdi - Instand CD/DVD image
cdi - DiscJuggler image
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

retroboyz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread post by retroboyz » 18 Nov 2012, 02:42

SSF is the name of a Saturn emulator. It's the most accurate one! Yabause does some more graphics tricks, but it's far less compatible, and it is no longer updated.
More info here: http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/sat ... n-emulator

Bin/cue works in Daemon tools! Any chance you could add it in the list of supported formats? It didnt seem the error comes from Daemon tools.
For SSF to work ideally, you'd need to open the mount the cue files (for either iso or bin).

Hope this clarifies :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 Nov 2012, 10:14

1) Oh haha :lmfao: i thought that SFF is a fileformat for Yabause :sweatdrop: ,i'll change and add the emulator to the info's for that platform.

2) i will look into the (old) CUE thing for ECC, maybe i can look at it to make it better
(we do NOT add the CUE file to the parser, since it's a (unstable) textfile wich get's a lot of CRC32's, but we could make it usefull to run the BIN)

Are there any (public domain) downloads for Saturn available with BIN/CUE so i can test thing a bit...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

retroboyz

Unread post by retroboyz » 18 Nov 2012, 18:03

Unfortunately there's virtually no Saturn homebrews. Your only chance is to rip the games yourself.
It's quite rare the games are just .bin, usually it's .cue to run the bin, so I'd encourage you to look into it!

By the way, while you look at file extensions, could you add .wbfs to the Wii support? It's another format for Wiiware.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 Nov 2012, 21:10

retroboyz wrote:By the way, while you look at file extensions, could you add .wbfs to the Wii support? It's another format for Wiiware.
Done in update 00556!
retroboyz wrote:Default emulator seems to be Yabause, I'd suggest SSF which is much more compatible.
Done in update 00556!
retroboyz wrote:Most Saturn games are in bin/cue format, but the AutoIT script only supports .iso
Well this was already working if you have .cue file with your .bin file and used the option 'use .cue file' with eccScript enabled...

So...after update 00556:
- enable 'use .cue if available'
- enable 'use eccScript' for SSF to mount the image
Like here (SSF config):
ecc_script_ssf.png
And everything should work fine :sorcerer: , if not....let me know.,..maybe the daemontools code need a overhaul.... :smartass:
[- ECC programs -]

retroboyz

Unread post by retroboyz » 18 Nov 2012, 22:06

Wbfs works fine, thanks! For the bin/cue, I'll tell you as soon as I can readd the Saturn games :)

retroboyz

Unread post by retroboyz » 24 Nov 2012, 18:12

Should work fine now.
Thanks