CUE parsing bug

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
MrX_Cuci

CUE parsing bug

Unread post by MrX_Cuci » 30 Mar 2010, 13:52

For example I want to start this: Project-X & F17 Challenge (Europe) (En,Fr,De,It,Da) (v2.0).cue Using the use CUE option shortens the filename instead of using Project-X & F17 Challenge (Europe) (En,Fr,De,It,Da) (v2.0).cue it tries to load Project-X & F17 Challenge (Europe) (En,Fr,De,It,Da) (v2.cue preventing mounting of the image file. Seems everything after the first dot is ignored. If I remove the dot it works perfect.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: CUE parsing bug

Unread post by Phoenix » 07 Apr 2010, 19:48

Hi MrX_Cuci,

Thanks for noticing it, maybe there could be a simple solution to let ECC check the whole filename and takes the last dot before the extension...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Darknight723

Unread post by Darknight723 » 17 Nov 2013, 00:20

Hello I know this is an old post but I am having the same problem with psx emulation using mednafen. All my bin\cue games work fine alone but inside ecc any ones having a . in the name gets shortened and wont load. tried with Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 with use cue option (mednafen only loads cue) and wold not load checked the mednafen stdout file it shows:

Error opening CD: Error opening file "C:\Users\*****\Desktop\EmuControlCenter\ecc-user\ps1\roms\Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3\Final Fantasy Tactics 1.cue": No such file or directory

it cuts off after the initial dot so it cant find the file but loads fine outside of ecc. tested other roms and worked fine only problems with dots in the file name. not sure if this is a general bug or a problem with mednafen and ecc compatibility itself. Not a huge problem since you can just rename the files and remove the dots but is a bit annoying when you are trying to figure out why some of your games wont work :).

Anyways thanks for any help that can be provided and keep up the excellent work.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 17 Nov 2013, 23:01

Hello All,

I have found and traced the bug :detective: , i've given it some testruns, all work fine for me now!...this should be fixed after update 00582, please test and let me know! :sorcerer:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Darknight723

Unread post by Darknight723 » 18 Nov 2013, 04:12

Just popping in to say I have been testing and all seems good, no problems on my end that I have found. thanks. Super fast response and fix...if only most customer services was this helpful. :D

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 Nov 2013, 18:45

Thank you Darknight723 for testing, i am glad it works now! :sorcerer:

closing...
[- ECC programs -]