Temp folder of ecc problem !

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
Alkis30

Temp folder of ecc problem !

Unread post by Alkis30 » 20 Mar 2009, 22:20

I have an external 2.5" hard disk with 430gb of Playstation 1 ISOs in zipped format ... I tried to import them in ECC but after a while of importing my computer's hard disk runs out of free space ! My computer has 30gb free space but after a while the folder ecc-system/temp fulls with the unziped folders of the imported PS1 games !! What can I do in order to import them without loosing space in my computer's hard drive ?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Temp folder of ecc problem !

Unread post by Phoenix » 20 Mar 2009, 23:09

Hi Alkis,
The temp files are not deleted when running an zipped ISO, i think there was already an feature request to make an options to 'purge' the TEMP folder.

@Andreas,
Can this be posible in the next release?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 21 Mar 2009, 06:40

Phoenix wrote:Hi Alkis,
The temp files are not deleted when running an zipped ISO, i think there was already an feature request to make an options to 'purge' the TEMP folder.

@Andreas,
Can this be posible in the next release?
So the problem is that when you import in ECC a zipped ISO (or you run from ECC an already imported zipped ISO) , ECC automatically unzip it in the ecc temp folder and it does not delete it afterwards ! So, there is no way not import for example 400gb of zipped ISOs from an external hard disk if I dont have at least 400gb of free space in the temp folder of ECC ... Thats too bad...

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 21 Mar 2009, 10:32

That's correct, that's the the situation right now, hopefully Andreas, will take it in one of the next releases....
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

lordashram
ECC Support

Unread post by lordashram » 21 Mar 2009, 14:18

A temporary workaround would be to put the games in subfolders, examples: Sony1, Sony2, Konami1, Square1, Enix1, or Squre-RPG, Sony-Action, Konami-Action(JAP), WorkingDesign-RPG(PAL)....
And in your case try to make sure that each subfolder stays under you 30gb limit, then add each subfolder, one at a time in ecc.

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 21 Mar 2009, 15:03

lordashram wrote:A temporary workaround would be to put the games in subfolders, examples: Sony1, Sony2, Konami1, Square1, Enix1, or Squre-RPG, Sony-Action, Konami-Action(JAP), WorkingDesign-RPG(PAL)....
And in your case try to make sure that each subfolder stays under you 30gb limit, then add each subfolder, one at a time in ecc.
Ok that is a clever solution.. but I prefer ECC to automatically delete the unziped folder it creates in ecc-system/temp after each import of the zipped ISO game... Phoenix please do something ! :-)

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 23 Mar 2009, 21:37

Is there a way to set the temp folder of ECC to be an other folder in an external hard disk (where I have the free space I need) ?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 23 Mar 2009, 21:41

Hi Alkis30,

It's not possible to do this at the moment in ECC, maybe it's possible to create a shortcut and call it 'temp' wich has a diffrent location in, then move/rename the existing temp folder.

Like vista is doing to maintain XP structure in the 'my documents' section for XP programs:
Attachments
vista_shortcut_for_xp_programs.png
vista_shortcut_for_xp_programs.png (13.98 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
[- ECC programs -]

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 23 Mar 2009, 22:11

Ok Phoenix, I have another question then. Lets say I import a file called "Alkis.zip" where inside the zip there is "Phoenix.iso". After the import, ecc will display the name of the game as "Phoenix" in the list of the games in the platform. I then tried to rename the title name "Phoenix" in ecc to "Alkis" (with metada) and all of a sudden ALL the games in the platform became "Alkis" !!!!

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Mar 2009, 00:34

Alkis30 wrote:Ok Phoenix, I have another question then. Lets say I import a file called "Alkis.zip" where inside the zip there is "Phoenix.iso". After the import, ecc will display the name of the game as "Phoenix" in the list of the games in the platform. I then tried to rename the title name "Phoenix" in ecc to "Alkis" (with metada) and all of a sudden ALL the games in the platform became "Alkis" !!!!
The games from the same archive are renamed, or ALL games of that platform?....this is a serious bug :?, Andreas has to look at it...
[- ECC programs -]

ECC
ECC Founder & Developer 2005-2009

Unread post by ECC » 24 Mar 2009, 13:13

I´ve fixed this already, i think... in the next wip! But i dont know, when i can provide this version.
ECC Developer 2005-2009
http://www.camya.com/ecc/

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Mar 2009, 14:50

What do you mean Andreas with 'when i can provide this version' , you mean a new WIP??
[- ECC programs -]

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 24 Mar 2009, 21:56

lordashram wrote:A temporary workaround would be to put the games in subfolders, examples: Sony1, Sony2, Konami1, Square1, Enix1, or Squre-RPG, Sony-Action, Konami-Action(JAP), WorkingDesign-RPG(PAL)....
Another solution I can think of is by using an application that automatically erases all the files of ecc temp folder when it reaches a size limit you set (e.g. 20gb). Do you know such an application ??

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Mar 2009, 22:20

Hi Alkis,

I can implement this in ECC Startup (ecc.exe) for the moment, what do you think?
[- ECC programs -]

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 24 Mar 2009, 22:37

Phoenix wrote:Hi Alkis,

I can implement this in ECC Startup (ecc.exe) for the moment, what do you think?
Yes please ! It will be very helpful for mant people ...

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 25 Mar 2009, 06:55

So Phoenix, every unziped folder that will be created in the temp ecc folder when the (zipped iso) rom is imported will be automatically deleted when the import finishes ? I cant wait for this feature !.. I have 410 GB of zipped ISO PSX roms to import in ECC !!!

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 25 Mar 2009, 19:02

Alkis30 wrote:So Phoenix, every unziped folder that will be created in the temp ecc folder when the (zipped iso) rom is imported will be automatically deleted when the import finishes ? I cant wait for this feature !.. I have 410 GB of zipped ISO PSX roms to import in ECC !!!
I cannot do this...because i cannot detect when ECC is unpacking the roms for CRC, what i can do...is to check the TEMP space at startup and 'purge' the temp folder when a certain space limit has been exceeded (like 20 GB or so), is this ok with you?
[- ECC programs -]

ECC
ECC Founder & Developer 2005-2009

Unread post by ECC » 25 Mar 2009, 20:55

I think, i´ll add a wip before or at weekend fixing this bug... sorry for that
ECC Developer 2005-2009
http://www.camya.com/ecc/

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 26 Mar 2009, 06:46

Phoenix wrote:
Alkis30 wrote:So Phoenix, every unziped folder that will be created in the temp ecc folder when the (zipped iso) rom is imported will be automatically deleted when the import finishes ? I cant wait for this feature !.. I have 410 GB of zipped ISO PSX roms to import in ECC !!!
I cannot do this...because i cannot detect when ECC is unpacking the roms for CRC, what i can do...is to check the TEMP space at startup and 'purge' the temp folder when a certain space limit has been exceeded (like 20 GB or so), is this ok with you?
The check will be made every time that ecc starts up ? this will be no helpful for me.. ecc must delete the files in TEMP folder at the procedure of importing when a certain space limit (that I can set somehow) has been exceeded. Also what is going to be with last zipped rom that exceeds the size limit while it is beeing imported ?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 26 Mar 2009, 07:31

ECC wrote:I think, i´ll add a wip before or at weekend fixing this bug... sorry for that
I think we have to wait for the fix then ;)...
[- ECC programs -]