ECC does not show FDS Roms

Posts that are done/fixed/closed or aged! for this section are placed in here to keep the forum in shape & more viewable!
Papabaer

ECC does not show FDS Roms

Unread post by Papabaer » 10 Aug 2008, 16:00

Hi,

today i realized that there were no Roms showing in FDS. So i checked them again. ECC found 216 fds files and showed them as "not changed". But the List does not show any Roms.

Greetings

Papabaer

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: ECC does not show FDS Roms

Unread post by Phoenix » 10 Aug 2008, 16:33

Hi Papabaer,

The ECC ident used for FDS extensions was 'famicom' since update 00295 this is changed to eccid 'fds' i assume that's why your roms aren't shown in the list.

Maybe you can try:

1) to remove all roms from the FDS platform out the DB.
2) then optimize the DB.
3) reimport the ROMS again.

Hope this works!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Papabaer

Unread post by Papabaer » 11 Aug 2008, 01:23

Hi Phoenix,

i removed the roms (the list was empty before removing, so i had to rightklick on the system-entry and choose to remove roms), then optimized the db, then klicked into the empty list to reimport the roms, but the list still remains empty. Maybe i should rename the directory of the fds roms temporarely and then optimize the db? then ecc must remove the roms from the db because it can't find the directory anymore.

i'll give this a try and report.

Greetings

Papabaer

Papabaer

Unread post by Papabaer » 11 Aug 2008, 01:34

Hi Phoenix,

this did it :happy:

maybe for the future it would be good if the "optimize db" not only checks if the directory/Files exists, it should also check if systems exists (aufter renaming or so).

beside that it is funny that the missing lines (maximing does not work aufter starting ECC new) are there after such an operation (before optimizing they are missing, after optimizing it is maximized)

Greetings

Papabaer