synchronising Folders (SD2SNES, WBFS...)

Here you can post your ideas, scripts, dats, images, mods, themes, etc...
Blackerking
ECC Support

synchronising Folders (SD2SNES, WBFS...)

Unread post by Blackerking » 07 Jan 2013, 10:40

Hello everyone...
its been a long time since I was here. Some times I checked some threads and looked overall but not much deep. :clown:

I got an interesting idea: Some Users may have a WBFS HDD for the Wii, or some SD-Cards for playing on a console(e.g. SD2SNES).
Maybe a user could use ECC to synchronize or transfering his ROMS onto this drive. Like Itunes with music.
With a recognition of kind and name of the drive it would be a real good extension.

Whats your opinion.
Nothing that looks like a signature.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: synchronising Folders (SD2SNES, WBFS...)

Unread post by Phoenix » 07 Jan 2013, 16:39

Hi Blackerking,

Nice to hear from you again! :thumb:

Aren't there already solutions to do that?, like FreeFilesync @ http://sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync/

Maybe you should check that out?, or do you really want to build-in feature in ECC?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Blackerking
ECC Support

Unread post by Blackerking » 07 Jan 2013, 20:19

I know there are programs to do that. But as a frontend I think it would be an awesome feature. :swing:
Can ECC read WBFS Systems?
Nothing that looks like a signature.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 08 Jan 2013, 14:56

I could cook something up, that will copy your platform roms to a folder/drive if it does not exist already on the target....something like that?
Blackerking wrote:Can ECC read WBFS Systems?
Is there something special about this format?, i assume this is just a "file" to copy on SD-card?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Cyrille
VALUE Member

Unread post by Cyrille » 06 Feb 2013, 00:05

Hi ! :)

I can't give you technical details about this format because it seems not usual and specialy because I am a newbie. So as to explain you I start from the beginning...
Wii platform has a SD card and a USB hub. A frontend in SD card is able to start ISO games from an hard disk connected to the Wii. It works on Wii as ECC on Windows.
BUT
This hard disk has to be in format WBFS. This format is not recognized by Windows. The only one way to explore this disk is to use special programs like WBFS Manager: http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/

A few information here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WBFS

So... Why ECC with that?
* So as to have a list of games in computer so as to choose one.
* Maybe we can start a game from computer!? I only know that thsi program is able to send "channel" (program on Wii) directly from computer thanks to wifi connection.
http://www.qj.net/qjnet/wii/sendelf-v4- ... ogram.html

Let me know what do you think ! :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 06 Feb 2013, 01:36

This could only be interesting if "WBFS Manager" can handle commandline parameters to copy files...
Or just ship it with ECC? and build a menu option to start? (i have to see how "big" WBFS Manager is...)

What do you think?
[- ECC programs -]

Cyrille
VALUE Member

Unread post by Cyrille » 06 Feb 2013, 19:53

Hi !

Maybe we can search if it can handle commandline parameters. But it is not the only one.
We must use a manager of WBFS so as to access to a WBFS disk, the most known is WBFS Manager but there are several others.
https://sites.google.com/site/completes ... s-managers
http://code.google.com/p/qwbfs/

If ECC becomes a full WBFS manager that would be better not to disturb with extra "strange" menu people who don't need it.
A Wii extra menu can be the solution.
Generaly it inludes these features:
* Format disk (-> NTFS / FAT -> WBFS) [to create a WBFS disk we need a disk using NTFS or FAT format]
* Clone disk A to disk B
* Add ISO to disk
* Extract ISO from disk to computer
Most of managers use a WiiTDB to give all informations of games... as already do ECC!

Second way... ECC is only able to explore disk and give a list of games.

What do you think? What do other users think?

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 07 Feb 2013, 00:39

There is a diffence between fiction and what can be made, why build a complete "WBFS manager" inside ECC's functuality, if there is already a program made, i agree if we could just use/add some 'basic' options in ECC
In my opinion we just start the program from a menu to start with, and see if there a commandline parameters available...
[- ECC programs -]