Questions regarding image packs

Here you can post your ideas, scripts, dats, images, mods, themes, etc...
kurtzyload

Questions regarding image packs

Unread post by kurtzyload » 15 Dec 2012, 18:54

Hi all,

First time poster. I've been a long time fan of emulators and am just now looking into using frontends. I must say that ECC is pretty amazing!

Apologies if this is the inappropriate forum and for what are probably silly questions. I've successfully imported images into my Colecovision set using ECC ImageInject along with the Kameleon Code. However, for systems that have a large amount of roms, the import doesn't finish before an hour expires. The code prompt comes up, and then I have to start the import over again.

This leads to the following questions:

1). Is there a way to circumvent the hour limit?
2). Are there any mirror sites that contain these image packs so that I can import them locally?
3). Am I just doing something stupid? Is there a better way?

I really love the functionality and automation of ECC and its image import. Thanks for any pointers!

-K

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Questions regarding image packs

Unread post by Phoenix » 15 Dec 2012, 19:17

HI kurtzyload,

Welcome to the forum1

Well if asked for the code again, just input it, and ImageInject will go on 'lightning speed' from the beginning to check if there are new roms, so if you're cut in the middle, it will take about 10-20 sec until you are where you finished.

1). Is there a way to circumvent the hour limit?
No, ive made this 'kameleon code' myself...this prevents using ECC services for non registered forum users, the code itself is randomized every hour so people cannot give the code away so easily.

2). Are there any mirror sites that contain these image packs so that I can import them locally?
There was a site, but this was before Imageinject!, i have made ImageInject so the site can be closed, maintaining/updating all those packs was a lot of time, and i just got too many leechers!
Imageinject is much better, also it downloads only the images you need, this saves a lot of bandwith!

3). Am I just doing something stupid? Is there a better way?
No, you are doing it good, for this service there is no other way!

You can also use the emuMovies server to download artwork and images ;-)

Ps. Maybe in a later stadium of ImageInject i will look if i can connect the server to the client locally, and set an 'user account' with a datalimit (to prevent giving the account away, but this has to wait!)
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

kurtzyload

Unread post by kurtzyload » 15 Dec 2012, 19:34

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, even just comparing the CRC32 of roms that have existing images takes up enough time to kill the hour before it completes. Although, I do have goodmerge sets, so there is quite a lot of junk...maybe nointro would be better?

Either way, I am very impressed by this project and Phoenix you are obviously quite talented. I will be donating what I can soon for sure!

-K

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 16 Dec 2012, 11:49

Thanks for your donation kurtzyload!

Well ECC is my passion, since i helped Andres (founder) as a Beta tester 7 years ago, and i just love old computers, so in my spare time it's a LOT of ECC to update/maintain & creating new features, but i love it too!

Next year i will focus me on EDC 'reloaded' (emuDownoadCenter) where you can just download and install emulators for the platforms on the fly! (without searching for them on the ineternet), but i need all your (read: forum members) help for that, because it will be a long journey!

Stay tuned
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.