NullDC Command Line (Script No Longer Required)

Here you can post your ideas, scripts, dats, images, mods, themes, etc...
thetrout

NullDC Command Line (Script No Longer Required)

Unread post by thetrout » 24 Jan 2010, 16:44

I posted about this a few days ago in the "bugs" forum because I was having problems with it. Not sure why, but I suddenly got it to work today. Basically, if you're using NullDC for your Dreamcast gaming in ECC, you don't need to use the script ECC comes with - NullDC has a command line interface like most other emulators, it just requires a few seconds to setup.

First, go to the directory for NullDC itself and open up nulldc.cfg in Notepad. Change the following options:
LoadDefaultImage=1
Emulator.AutoStart=1
Now go into the Dreamcast options for ECC, set the emulator to NullDC if it isn't already, and give it the following command line:
-config ImageReader:DefaultImage=%ROM%
The only option checked should be "Escape Path."

Presto - command line launching for NullDC and Dreamcast games. I found this method somewhere on Google a few days ago. I'm honestly not sure why I never happened upon it before, but it's way better than using the AutoIt script.

DerMicha75
ECC2 (java) Developer

Re: NullDC Command Line (Script No Longer Required)

Unread post by DerMicha75 » 24 Jan 2010, 17:31

Thank you, this works. Maybe phoenix should add these info to the platforminfo of DC and add this to next update.

Some questions: I have gdi-files, and then trackXX.raw or .bin. So I only added .gdi to ecc. What is the preferred way? Should I zip these? Should I create iso-files? In which format they usually come?

Since I only have 3 games I can't say / test more...

Micha

thetrout

Unread post by thetrout » 25 Jan 2010, 04:13

DerMicha75 wrote:Some questions: I have gdi-files, and then trackXX.raw or .bin. So I only added .gdi to ecc. What is the preferred way? Should I zip these? Should I create iso-files? In which format they usually come?
GDI (and the files that come with it) is the best and most preferred format for Dreamcast games. They're complete rips without any data removed. You should just keep the GDI and its associated files in a separate directory named after the game itself. Then, add ONLY the GDI files to ECC.

You'll notice a small problem with this, however, when trying to add metadata to the games - many GDI files seem to have the same CRC, so ECC thinks they're duplicate games. If you want them to add different metadata to each game, you'll need to open up each GDI file in Notepad and just add some blank spaces to the end of the file. That should hopefully change the CRC and allow you to give it unique metadata in ECC. Kind of a pain, but it works.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 12 Feb 2010, 00:40

Thanks thetrout,

I'll take this in the next update!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

popolon

Unread post by popolon » 19 Mar 2010, 10:48

Hi ! i'm testing "thetrout" method with NullDC1.3 and GDI
Problem with zipped folder, the emulator crash !
in uncompressed folder, there is no problem, game is running fine.
So maybe, i could add somewhere some "timewait" option to let time to unzip files...

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 19 Mar 2010, 11:08

Hi popolon,

Welcome to our forum!

The main "unpacking" is done by ECC itself, so i have to check ecc's code for this, i'll let you know...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 07 Apr 2010, 21:28

I've updated the settings in the next update, for the ZIP i'll research later on...maybe you can pm me a sample (zip) of the rom to test things out.
[- ECC programs -]