INPUT - Missing file extensions

Here you can post your ideas, scripts, dats, images, mods, themes, etc...
phenixzeta

Re: INPUT - Missing file extensions

Unread post by phenixzeta » 28 Oct 2012, 17:38

DerMicha75 wrote:NoIntro added two new platforms. "Casio - PV-1000" and "Epoch - Super Cassette Vision". Both are in ECC, but noIntro uses .bin extensions for both. I have both romsets and want to add :-)

Micha
Hi Phoenix,

I found the new ".bin" extension for both "Casio - PV-1000" and "Epoch - Super Cassette Vision" aren't still added. By the way, I have added it to "ecc-system\system\" myself, and it can work.

Thank you

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 28 Oct 2012, 23:50

Hi Phenixzeta,

Thanks for the 'wake-up call' i will add these in the next update! :sorcerer:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 05 Nov 2012, 23:49

Last wave added in update 00546!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Darknight723

Unread post by Darknight723 » 19 Jul 2013, 10:57

This is my first reply thanks for ECC it is fantastic. Anyways with my psx emulator I can convert cd images to .cdz format but when I try to add them ecc cant read them. not sure if it is a missing file extension or I am doing something wrong with the format as it is the only cd based emulator i use. Thanks.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 25 Jul 2013, 08:37

Hi Darknight723,

1) is the CDZ some kind of zipped format, like a compressed image?
2) for wich platforms does this need to be added? all PSx platforms, including psp?, or only for PS1, PS2, PS3?
[- ECC programs -]

Darknight723

Unread post by Darknight723 » 01 Aug 2013, 16:54

Yes to my knowledge it is just a compressed image of bin/cue or iso and such. I only know it to run through my ps1 emulator, which is the only cd based emulator I use so not sure if other console emulators use cdz format.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 01 Aug 2013, 21:06

Darknight723 wrote:Yes to my knowledge it is just a compressed image of bin/cue or iso and such. I only know it to run through my ps1 emulator, which is the only cd based emulator I use so not sure if other console emulators use cdz format.
Ok, i'll add this for the PSx platforms in the next update, you can do it manually, by replacing hte contents of "\ecc-system\system\ecc_ps1_system.ini" with:

Code: Select all

[EXTENSIONS]
iso = 1
img = 1
bin = 1
nrg = 1
mdf = 1
mds = 1
cdi = 1
cdz = 1
[PARSER]
FileParserExternal#ps1 = iso, img, bin, nrg, mdf, mds, cdi, cdz
[META_DEFAULT]
media_type = 1
[- ECC programs -]

Darknight723

Unread post by Darknight723 » 20 Dec 2013, 17:10

Ok got another extension for you, tho I am not sure how it will work out. It is for the emulator mednafen, console psx, extension is .m3u. not entirely sure what a m3u file is but it is required for multi-disc games. Mednafen is the best psx emulator I have found it reads .cue files which works fine with "use .cue if available". The only problem is multi-disc games because it reqiures you to load a .m3u file instead. The Following is copied directly from the mednafen help files in case you need more info.

"Multiple-CD Games

To play a game that consists of more than one CD, and you are using ripped disc images, you will need to create an M3U file(plain-text, ".m3u" extension), and enter the filenames of the CUE sheets, one per line. Load the M3U file with Mednafen instead of the CUE files, and use the F6 and F8 keys to switch among the various discs available. "

Not sure if this can be configured if so great if not that's fine I will continue to use my psx games outside ecc. As always great work and look forward to your reply.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 20 Dec 2013, 23:16

Hello Darknight723,

The .m3u is actually a Winamp (audio player) format of a playlist of files....

I think i can add the extension to the parser, but that would not be advisable, since every byte that change in the m3u will generate a diffrent CRC32, i could make a patch for you so you could apply it manually for your ECC installation, then just let me know!
[- ECC programs -]

Darknight723

Unread post by Darknight723 » 20 Dec 2013, 23:59

That is fine I was not sure if it would work since essentially its a .txt file like the .cue's so they will have varying crc's, appreciate the time tho. Would it be possible to add a tick to load it first if available like "use .cue file if available" or is there a way I can make a script so that ecc will load .m3u's if found. If not possible or if to much work involved that is ok Because mednafen is the only emu that uses this (to my knowledge), and I do not expect ecc to have special treatment for 1 emu. :) Thanks.

-EDIT-
Ok ignore the previous I used the method you taught me before and I edited the "ecc_ps1_system.ini" to include .m3u and had to set up a specific command-line for it in the emulator options, and it seems to be working fine for my needs. Soooo you can go back to doing what you do best... creating and maintaining an awesome piece of software. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Orko

Unread post by Orko » 24 Dec 2013, 19:26

PSP could use .cso as well as .iso. I use it for PPSSPP perfectly, and that's what all my games are stored in.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Dec 2013, 19:40

Orko wrote:PSP could use .cso as well as .iso. I use it for PPSSPP perfectly, and that's what all my games are stored in.
Hi Orko,

CSO are compressed ISO images, i will review every platform using discs, and add the extension if it's not already there! :yes_head:
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Dec 2013, 20:03

Support for compressed CD-Images: CSO and CDZ added in update 00586! enjoy! :thumb:
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Missing file extensions for Commodore 64

Unread post by Kirkor » 12 May 2014, 22:01

Hi, there are missing file extensions for Commodore 64. The missing are: c64, nbz, nib.

They can be found in TOSEC releases.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Missing file extensions for Commodore 64

Unread post by Phoenix » 12 May 2014, 22:07

Hi Kikor,

These will be added in the next update!, thanks!
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 21 May 2014, 00:45

Phoenix wrote:Hi Kikor,

These will be added in the next update!, thanks!
Seems you forgot to add it in 607 update ;)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 21 May 2014, 07:11

Yup, will be in the next then, you can always add them yourself allready, edit the "ecc-system\system\ecc_c64_system.ini" file and add the extensions. :yes_head:
[- ECC programs -]

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 21 May 2014, 10:37

Phoenix wrote:Yup, will be in the next then, you can always add them yourself allready, edit the "ecc-system\system\ecc_c64_system.ini" file and add the extensions. :yes_head:
That's right, I know it. I wanted only to remind so that other people have it in a case it would be forgotten to be added :)

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 25 May 2014, 18:09

Last wave added in update 00608!

Enjoy!
[- ECC programs -]

zoopcrewkid

Unread post by zoopcrewkid » 08 Mar 2015, 17:13

Hi,

The Atari ST is missing the .ifc extension. I manually added it and was able to discover my roms.
emuControlCenter v1.14