INPUT - Missing file extensions

Here you can post your ideas, scripts, dats, images, mods, themes, etc...
cobylain

Re: INPUT - Missing file extensions

Unread post by cobylain » 04 Sep 2008, 13:02

Atari 8-BIT: ATX (the original-disk-format where also games available)

Amstrad CPC: BAS BIN

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 04 Sep 2008, 13:22

Great work..wil be added in the next update...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

xttx

Unread post by xttx » 06 Sep 2008, 16:53

ORC extention missing for Oric Atmos.
And the default emulator missing too. Actually, the only oric emulator is Euphoric (http://www.maranelda.org/?page=software), so, I think you should include in any way... :)

This emulator does not understand a half of the available formats for oric, but I found an utility to write (should I say convert?) .ORC on .DSK.
Trying to make a script to use this tool. I could publish it here when it's ready, the only problem is that tool (converter) is not free. :(
Really don't know what I can do here :(

PS. Sorry for my poor English :(

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 07 Sep 2008, 00:37

Hi xttx,

thank you for your input, it will be taken in the next update!

p.s. if the 'coverter' program is shareware/freeware it's no problem, let us know...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

xttx

Unread post by xttx » 07 Sep 2008, 17:47

Well, I was completely wrong in my researches....
Firstly, all theese tools are free!
Here is the link: http://oric.ifrance.com/TOOLS/tools.zip

Secondly, .ORC files are just oric .BAS files.
You need 'something' to create oric raw disc image, and save the .ORC files to it, then, you need raw2mfm.exe (included in tools.zip) to convert raw images of double density disks to the MFM format used by Euphoric.
We have also text2bas and bas2text in the tools, and it works well with .ORC files.
I just need to find something to write files on pre-created disk image.
Im pretty sure that i'll find it. So, back to searching.....

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 16 Sep 2008, 19:46

Last changes and additions added in update 00312
[- ECC programs -]

keir

Unread post by keir » 30 Oct 2008, 03:15

.2MG is a disk image format used by the Apple II emulator XGS.

coinmatze

Unread post by coinmatze » 19 Dec 2008, 16:30

How come nobody's asking for SNES: .mgd and .gd3 support?
I thought those were fairly common extensions. I'm missing half of my roms in ECC. I have this awkward feeling that this is somehow my fault and I will get flamed for this useless comment...
Anyway, cheers!

ECC
ECC Founder & Developer 2005-2009

Unread post by ECC » 19 Dec 2008, 17:59

Hi
looks, that mgd is an extension for mega drive
http://www.1emulation.com/forums/lofive ... t1081.html
ECC Developer 2005-2009
http://www.camya.com/ecc/

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 19 Dec 2008, 18:17

.ws is missing from Bandai Wonderswan Color ... And I have a lots of them...

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 19 Dec 2008, 19:08

Alkis30 wrote:.ws is missing from Bandai Wonderswan Color ... And I have a lots of them...
it's a wonderswan ROM, i think the ROM you have is named wrong....

WS = WonderSwan
WSC = WonderSwanColor
[- ECC programs -]

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 20 Dec 2008, 09:57

Phoenix wrote:
Alkis30 wrote:.ws is missing from Bandai Wonderswan Color ... And I have a lots of them...
it's a wonderswan ROM, i think the ROM you have is named wrong....

WS = WonderSwan
WSC = WonderSwanColor
At first I thought so too.. but the collection of all the roms for the WondweSwanColor that I have found are .WS ! And they play just fine with the Oswan 0.72 emulator (in color..) . So I think that you have to put and the .ws extension in the WonderSwanColor platform.

coinmatze

Unread post by coinmatze » 20 Dec 2008, 19:38

ECC wrote:Hi
Yeah, I did get that page, too, after googling SNES and .mgd but I also got lots of entries for SNES roms and emulators. My first guess was, that the extension was wrong but every SNES emulator supports .mgd files and they run just fine on my ZSNES. Just for kicks I tried to run one of those roms on a Genesis emulator but no dice. My point being, I'm pretty sure it's a legit SNES extension.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 20 Dec 2008, 20:17

coinmatze wrote:
Yeah, I did get that page, too, after googling SNES and .mgd but I also got lots of entries for SNES roms and emulators. My first guess was, that the extension was wrong but every SNES emulator supports .mgd files and they run just fine on my ZSNES. Just for kicks I tried to run one of those roms on a Genesis emulator but no dice. My point being, I'm pretty sure it's a legit SNES extension.
Hmmm i don't know.... :-k http://www.1emulation.com/forums/lofive ... t1081.html
[- ECC programs -]

coinmatze

Unread post by coinmatze » 20 Dec 2008, 22:21

Phoenix wrote:
coinmatze wrote:
Hmmm i don't know.... :-k http://www.1emulation.com/forums/lofive ... t1081.html
Aww, cmon guys! Don't make me look like a dick for persisting. OK, I'll make my last effort. After that I'll just try changing the extension to .swc or whatnot.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Mis ... SNES.shtml
I quote: "· Support for several SNES file formats (SMC, SFC, SWC, FIG, MGD, MGH, UFO, bin, GD3, GD7, DX2, USA, EUR, JAP, AUS, ST, BS, 048, 058, 078,), includingsplit files (1, 2, 3; A, B, C)"
Also, Romcenter recognizes and renames those roms correctly. I don't remember which datfile I used but I'm sure it was one of those better known ones.

btw after some research I found out that the mgd extension is named after the Multi Game Doctor. I haven't got the patience to read through this http://www.geocities.com/multigamedoctor/mgd2.html but apparently it's a device you can use to rip all sorts of cartridges, including SNES ones. Just to give some more weight to my plea.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 20 Dec 2008, 22:55

You have made your statement coinmatze :surrender: , we'll add the MGD extensions for SNES in the next update :sorcerer:
[- ECC programs -]

Alkis30

Unread post by Alkis30 » 21 Dec 2008, 06:49

Phoenix wrote:You have made your statement coinmatze :surrender: , we'll add the MGD extensions for SNES in the next update :sorcerer:
Please add also the .ws in the Bandai WonderSwan Color , too :-)

coinmatze

Unread post by coinmatze » 21 Dec 2008, 10:42

Phoenix wrote:You have made your statement coinmatze :surrender: , we'll add the MGD extensions for SNES in the next update :sorcerer:
Yay! :swing: Thanks, I really appreciate it.

ECC
ECC Founder & Developer 2005-2009

Unread post by ECC » 21 Dec 2008, 10:52

Please add also the .ws in the Bandai WonderSwan Color , too :-)
I think, that isn´t a good idea! Please dont do this.... wsc is definitive WonderSwan Color... like gbc == gameboy color. So we mix 2 platforms in one! Not good for metadata!

I know, that there are e.g. gbx datfiles, but in these the fileextensions are added to see, what type of gbx (e.g. .gb, .gbc) the rom is!
ECC Developer 2005-2009
http://www.camya.com/ecc/

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 06 Jan 2009, 22:09

Last wave added in update 00338!
[- ECC programs -]