ScummVM - different zip but same CRC

If you encounter bugs, errors or crashes, please report them in this section so we can try to fix it!
howardphilips
ECC Support

ScummVM - different zip but same CRC

Unread post by howardphilips » 22 Sep 2016, 08:22

Hi there, it's been a long time.
I have downloaded the latest version of ECC to see the progress that had been made and it looks quite promising.

I managed to add most of the roms OK but I came by a strange issue with the ScummVM platform.
Most of the games which have a small size (between 6 Mb to 75 Mb) in this platform show the same CRC32 number: 0689336F.

Because of this, when I change the metadata of one zip file with this CRC, it changes as well the metadata of the other zip files with the same CRC. If I change one zip metadata to Loom for instance, it will affect Day of the Tentacle as well and when I click on the Day of the Tentacle file, it will launch Loom.

Strangely, it does not seem to affect zip files with a bigger size (>200Mb) such as Full Throttle, for instance.
Did you see this problem previously? Are you able to solve this?

Thanks again for the great software!
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: ScummVM - different zip but same CRC

Unread post by Phoenix » 23 Sep 2016, 20:51

Hi howardphilips

Hmm that is wierd, i have to look into this... :detective:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.