EmuMoviesDownloader: Object reference not set

If you encounter bugs, errors or crashes, please report them in this section so we can try to fix it!
Sp00kyFox

EmuMoviesDownloader: Object reference not set

Unread post by Sp00kyFox » 18 Aug 2015, 21:15

The image download with EmuMovies seems to be buggy. With some media types on specific systems it works without problems but most of the time the EmuMoviesDownloader just quits on me with the following error message:
Server message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I hope you can help me out and fix it if it is a problem with ECC.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: EmuMoviesDownloader: Object reference not set

Unread post by Phoenix » 23 Aug 2015, 10:35

Hello Sp00kyFox,

I think emuMovies changed the API again, i have no details for it yet, what you see is a error message from the emuMovies server.

Please also note that you can only download a certain number of images/movies per day from their server!

I don't have time to look at it atm.
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Sp00kyFox

Unread post by Sp00kyFox » 24 Aug 2015, 17:33

oh I didn't knew that about the download limitation. I tried it again and it worked, thanks for the tip!

Sp00kyFox

Unread post by Sp00kyFox » 26 Aug 2015, 13:15

edit: tried it again and it works. hmm... ok I guess it was either a server problem on emumovies side or the download limit message isn't displayed properly sometimes in ECC.