emuControlcenter v1.16 ZIP problem

If you encounter bugs, errors or crashes, please report them in this section so we can try to fix it!
Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

emuControlcenter v1.16 ZIP problem

Unread post by Phoenix » 29 Jun 2015, 21:17

Incoming mail from: OADman @ 2015-06-26
---------------------------------------------------
Hi Emucontrolcenter team!

I send you this mail because I couldn't find the option to create an account in the ECC forums.

I been using ECC 1.15 for some time and it helps me a lot to keep all my roms and emus organized. It's very useful tool!

I visit the ECC website and I see there is a new 1.16 and I downloaded and try it out but I find this problem:

*It happens only when I mark checked the 'AUTOMATICALLY UNPACK ZIP FILES' options in the CONFIGURE EMULATOR menu.

When I try to open the rom, an error message pop ups and says "ROM IN DATABASE BUT FILE NOT FOUND" and the emu doesn't start.

*When I uncheck that unpacking option, the rom starts normally and there is no problem.

I need that option to work because there are many emulators that can´t unpack zip or 7zip files and I used Emucontrolcenter for that. I use that option in the version 1.15 and it works fine.

I'm using windows 8 64 bits. And I also tried it in an older PC with Windows XP and it had the same issue.

This problem happens with every platform, not just one zip.

I believe I used the WINRAR manager to compress all my roms. I don't know if that messed something. But I use this same roms files in ECC version 1.15 and it desn't give me that problem.

I hope you get my message. Thanks for this wonderful tool!
ecc_zip_error_screen_01.png
ecc_zip_error_screen_02.png
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: emuControlcenter v1.16 ZIP problem

Unread post by Phoenix » 29 Jun 2015, 21:22

Hi,

I've tested this at my machine running ECC v1.16 @ Windows 8.1 64-bit, all worked fine!, the rom(s) get's extracted in "ecc-user\#_AUTO_UNPACKED" with no problem...

So the rom does'nt get extracted from the archive on your machine, so i think it a path (path quoted) problem...

some questions for you:

1) Have you got mulitple files in a ZIP/RAR?
2) Any strange pathnames or signs in the pathnames within the zip?
3) Wich pathname is ecc installed?
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

OADman

Re: emuControlcenter v1.16 ZIP problem

Unread post by OADman » 11 Jul 2015, 16:21

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I always installed the ECC in spanish language. I don't know if that has some influence over the process.

This is the folder path I have the ECC.exe:

D:\EmuControlCenter\ECC v1.16 (20140624)\emuControlCenter