PS1 scraping/isos/launching

If you encounter bugs, errors or crashes, please report them in this section so we can try to fix it!
Kirkor

Re: PS1 scraping/isos/launching

Unread post by Kirkor » 22 Mar 2014, 23:22

Phoenix wrote:Well, i've downloaded the RAR file and examined it...., this is NOT how a "normal" BIN/CUE game rip should look, the AUDIO tracks should be with the DATA track as a single BIN with just the CUE file to discribe and layout the contents.

You need some kind of tool to put all these files into a single BIN / ISO or NRG file!, you have to google for it (if you found it, please post it over here)

I can not adjust ECC so easily....and only for "bad" riped games! :no:
You are very wrong here :) In fact it is how PlayStation game should be ripped. From the naming of this game I can see that this game comes from Redump group: redump.org. Redump is currently well known as they collected most of PSX games ever released. Consider them as TOSEC or No-Intro. In short, it is normal for such proper rips to have all audio tracks seperated. And it is not like script is good and rip is wrong but completely the other way round :)

I already reported it in my PM (still awaiting answer together with many ideas I have provided) but script for mounting PlayStation games doesnt seem to work with Daemon Tools Lite. Also, it should be updated to support of mounting such PlayStation games rips as above with Audio CD tracks :)

And last thing - ePSXe is only best for people that like to upscale their games. The best PlayStation emulator and most accurate for true core PlayStation gamers (like me) is Xebra made by japanese programmer. For this emulator there should be also scripts done. If someone is going to tell me that ePSXe is "better" then run for example Crash Bash, and press start when playing - what do you see? Nothing. And do same in Xebra - what do you see? Normal pause menu as it should be like in real PSX hardware. ePSXe uses many hacks to emualate games and it doesnt have much in common with word "accuracy". Anything different on its way and it is going to give you problems.

Tormentor667

Unread post by Tormentor667 » 02 May 2014, 17:45

Nothing to add to Kirkor's reply :) Though, any news?

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 05 May 2014, 03:29

Tormentor667 wrote:Nothing to add to Kirkor's reply :) Though, any news?
It is quite complicated. I still havent had time to reaserch how exactly running of image files works (although I got nice explanation from Phoenix).

In short - what I am sure about, the support of multiple files is needed. Such kind of PSX ISOs are more and more popular. They are more close to being a proper rip than most people can do themselves (although no CD dumps are perfect as CD isnt perfect itself) but as we already know they can be a bit of pain to run. I dont care if thye are proper rips or not - I want them to run on frontend with one button click. As a side note - remember not to run them on ePSXe as it doesnt support multiple files (mount it, re-read with imgburn to make normal bin and cue and it will work then). Well I recommend to use Xebra or Mednafen for PSX emualtion anyway.

There are also dumps from another group "Trurip" that contain of typical img, ccd and sub (and also cue). As I said, I havent had time to see how it works - I dont know how ECC will handle it even in this case as it contains one more important "sub" file with subcahnnel data.

The problem in my opionion is that ECC only unpacks one file - if you parse bin file, it will only run thsi bin file. If you parse img file, then it will only run img file. What what about sub file that is together with img? We are coming to one conclusion - if ECC unpacks whole files of game's archive, then the problem could be solved. And this way It is also going to be solved for multple bins with audio tracks as said in this topic. The only problem is how it should be implemented. As I said I havent had time to play deeply with running image files, but what I wrote should be a very good solution.

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 13 May 2014, 13:09

I must correct myself because thank to Phoenix I realized there is such uption to unpack all files to archive :lmfao: I just havent seen it :)

I think it makes good possibilities for games with sbi files or multiple bin files with audio tracks like decribed in the problem of this topic - but it needs some testing how it is going to work.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 13 May 2014, 13:12

But then i think the emulator then has to be started with the SBI (or other) file? (instead of the BIN?), that could be done with a script...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Kirkor

Unread post by Kirkor » 13 May 2014, 13:24

Phoenix wrote:But then i think the emulator then has to be started with the SBI (or other) file? (instead of the BIN?), that could be done with a script...
Here is how it is handled in ePSXe:"- Added subchannel support using SBI files from redump.org. To get it working with isos the SBI file has to be renamed with the same filename as the image (except the extension, for example .bin to .sbi) and be located in the same folder. To get it working in cdroms, you need to put the SBI file in directory patches, with the PS-EXE name of the game and ".sbi" at the end of the name. (example: SLES_99.999.SBI). Be carefull, ".sub" has priority over ".sbi", so if you prefer to use the ".sbi" file, remove/move ".sub" to another folder."

I understand from this that when opening image file directly sbi files has to have same name as bin files and be locatd in the same folder. Sbi files is not loaded instead of bin as it contains only subchannel data - it works more like img (as bin) and sub (as sbi) files.

Anyway I will obtain an image file with sbi and another game with image consisting of multiple bin audio tracks and send you so that it can be tested. Please note that multiple audio tracks are not supported in any form by ePSXe so it wont work on this emulator - it is probably the only emulator that doesnt support it :)