Help With MAME Roms

If you encounter bugs, errors or crashes, please report them in this section so we can try to fix it!
appollo147

Help With MAME Roms

Unread post by appollo147 » 01 Jun 2010, 21:16

I just want to say I love ECC but I was just wondering if their was a way to make the proper game titles appear on the MAME rom list instead of the abbreviated file names. It would make it much easier to find the game using the search feature as it is next to impossible to remember the abbreviated names of the over 8,000 roms in my collection lol.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Help With MAME Roms

Unread post by Phoenix » 01 Jun 2010, 21:53

Hi appollo147,

And welcome to our forum!

Can you post a screenshot?, i am curious how it looks like then...
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

appollo147

Unread post by appollo147 » 01 Jun 2010, 23:05

Here's a screenshot as you can see the names in the list are the original abbreviated MAME file names. For this reply I'm using Metal Slug as an example, but it lists all games this way. Instead of listing "Metal Slug" by it's proper name "Metal Slug" it lists it as the abbreviated MAME filename of "mslug". This makes it rather difficult to find the game you want to play when using ECCs search feature.
Attachments
zoaj49.jpg

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 01 Jun 2010, 23:55

Hi appollo147,

Hmmm i see, it uses the zip filename, hmmmz....have you tried to import a DATfile (maybe you can try the online DATfile import), that should do the trick, otherwise we have to create such DATfile first.
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

appollo147

Unread post by appollo147 » 02 Jun 2010, 05:33

I tried what you said but no matter what system i try to download a dat for I always wind up with a 1kb file. Is their some place to manually download the files and after I download them where do I put them?