Hangs up when updating imagepacks

If you encounter bugs, errors or crashes, please report them in this section so we can try to fix it!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sylandro
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hangs up when updating imagepacks

Unread post by sylandro » 21 Mar 2010, 08:31

Hi,
When I try to download imagepacks from within ecc (right click, download images) and there are none on the webdb, my ecc crashed. It shows the Downloading images... dialog for some seconds and when the focus returns to the main window I can't click at anything and the only way of exitting is by killing the process. Sometimes instead of just hanging up the Downloading images... dialog becomes blank and I can't do anything else. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, though I think I had the same problem when I ran this on XP.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Hangs up when updating imagepacks

Unread post by Phoenix » 22 Mar 2010, 02:07

Hi sylandro,

This problem is new to me...i'll try it here on my Vista tomorrow, thanks for reporting! :thumb:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

sylandro
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread post by sylandro » 26 Mar 2010, 14:49

Just a little update on the report... I've noticed this happens when the game is not on the database, not when the game has no images. I'm connected via wireless with very low signal and sometimes gets very slow. Could the internet connection be the cause of this problem? The reason I ruled this out was because sometimes I'm getting full speed (100kb/s) and it still hangs up.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 27 Mar 2010, 00:44

Hi Sylandro,

That could be the problem, some images are 4MB+ and may take a while to download, nevertheless i saw some "cache" files, wich i have cleared now, please report if this problem still occurs :yes_head:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

sylandro

Unread post by sylandro » 31 Mar 2010, 23:18

I'm surprised no one else has had this problem. I now believe it has nothing to do with the connection, because when I'm downloading a large imagepack the program goes to wait mode and then resumes normally no matter how long it takes. The freezing happens when the game is not in the db. My only assumption now is that it's Windows 7 which is giving problems. I've got crashes when editing metadata too, which hadn't happened to me before.

Is there some kind of log file I can inspect?

MrX_Cuci

Unread post by MrX_Cuci » 31 Mar 2010, 23:46

I get meta data crashes aswell in Windows 7. No biggy though since everything seems to be stored. It's just annoying.

lordashram
ECC Support

Unread post by lordashram » 01 Apr 2010, 04:17

I've had the same random crashes with entering metadata in XP, it doesn't happen that often, and I've never gave it much thought.