Improved uptime due to home automation

Discuss here anything related to ECC, emulators, ect!
Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Improved uptime due to home automation

Unread post by Phoenix » 25 Jun 2013, 01:23

Hi All,

As you know sometimes the server shut down without no reason, then i have to power on the system manually :sweatdrop:, nevertheless i have nice domotica switch equipment nowadays, okey....so here is how it works:

1) I've set the BIOS settings for the webserver so, that when power is active from the wallplug, it will turn on automaticly.
2) I've programmed a program called "Plugwise Monitor" for my 2nd CPU (wich is also 24/7 on, and very very stable) that monitors every 5 minutes the energyplug from the webserver, so it "knows" how much the server consumes.
3) The webserver consumes about 85 watt, so when the "monitor" reads < 30 watt from the energyplug, it "knows" the server is off.
4) The program will (send me an email and) switch the energyplug off, waits for 6 seconds and turns it on again, therefore the webserver is starting up automaticly (BIOS setting).

All of this without any fysical operations, and fully automaticly!, even when i am on hollidays! :swing:

Enjoy!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

DerMicha75
ECC2 (java) Developer

Re: Improved uptime due to home automation

Unread post by DerMicha75 » 25 Jun 2013, 08:43

Sounds good!

Micha