My Ultimate Arcade

Discuss here anything related to ECC, emulators, ect!
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
angelkiller117
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Ultimate Arcade

Unread post by angelkiller117 » 24 Oct 2008, 06:29

I'm working on a media centerish PC I'm going to have running emulators only for the most part. Right now the name I'm giving it is "(The) Ultimate Arcade". I'll post updates as I have them.
Here's a list of what is going to be the PC and yes this is a little bit overkill just to run emulators XD
(Everything in blue I have already received)

Harware
------------------------
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
ASUS M3A78-EM
Radeon HD 4550 512MB
mushkin 2GB DDR2 800
WD 500GB 7200 RPM
ASUS CD/DVD Burner
Compucase 7K09
pccase2bw4.jpg
ramuv5.jpg
dvdfr7.jpg
gpu2.jpg

Controllers
Xbox 360 Arcade Stick
Xbox 360 Wireless controller

I'm going to take one of those USB brackets you get with motherboards and one of these and merge them together, kind of like you would see people do the internal ReadyBoost mods, for an internal Xbox 360 controller receiver.
At some point I'm going to convert some of my retro controllers to USB, but probably not until I get some doubles.

As for the software side, Widows XP, ECC as the front end, and just a few other programs for file transferring and that like. I'll also be doing some basic mods to XP, like the custom boot screen I have at the bottom of this post.
bootau0.png
bootau0.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
Last edited by angelkiller117 on 25 Dec 2008, 09:44, edited 5 times in total.

ECC
ECC Founder & Developer 2005-2009

Re: My Arcade PC

Unread post by ECC » 24 Oct 2008, 08:30

The loading screen looks great... is this your design? Maybe you should airbruch this on your case! The now loading on the Drive-Slots :-)
I´m interested to hear more of your arcade machine. Do you want to use emuControlCenter?
ECC Developer 2005-2009
http://www.camya.com/ecc/

angelkiller117
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread post by angelkiller117 » 25 Oct 2008, 00:48

ECC wrote:The loading screen looks great... is this your design? Maybe you should airbruch this on your case! The now loading on the Drive-Slots :-)
I´m interested to hear more of your arcade machine. Do you want to use emuControlCenter?
Yap, the main reason I wanted to build an emu pc was because I found emuControlCenter XD

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 25 Oct 2008, 11:40

Hi angelkiller117,

Nice work man!, let us know more about building you machine along the way, it sounds like a really nice project :clapshout:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

angelkiller117

Re: My Ultimate Arcade

Unread post by angelkiller117 » 11 Nov 2008, 05:46

I added a few more pics and went into some detail on what I'm going to be doing.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 11 Nov 2008, 20:04

@angelkiller117

Nice CPU!, waiting for more pics :thumbsup:

p.s. please attatch images to a post (this prevents dead links)
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

ECC
ECC Founder & Developer 2005-2009

Unread post by ECC » 11 Nov 2008, 20:37

Maybe phoenix can give you an modded ecc.exe with an emuControlCenter ULTIMATE ARCADE loading screen :-)
ECC Developer 2005-2009
http://www.camya.com/ecc/

angelkiller117

Unread post by angelkiller117 » 11 Nov 2008, 23:27

Phoenix wrote:@angelkiller117

Nice CPU!, waiting for more pics :thumbsup:

p.s. please attatch images to a post (this prevents dead links)
Alright, I'll do that for the rest of the pictures I post.
ECC wrote:Maybe phoenix can give you an modded ecc.exe with an emuControlCenter ULTIMATE ARCADE loading screen :-)
That would be pretty neat. It would give people an extra "Wow!" when I show it to them : )