Website getting blocked

Discuss here anything related to ECC, emulators, ect!
lordashram
ECC Support

Website getting blocked

Unread post by lordashram » 21 Sep 2008, 17:00

So I fired up Firefox this morning to take a quick look at the forums and I get this a message that the site is being blocked for malicous content.
So I clicked on the why and it redirects me to here:
http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/ ... active.nl/

So now I am stuck using IE to browse the forums until this gets cleared up.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Website getting blocked

Unread post by Phoenix » 21 Sep 2008, 20:11

Hmmm, it seems firefox blacklisted the 'mine.nu' domain, nothing todo about it, unless people write to the firefox developers to remove the 'mine.nu' domain from their blacklist, because thousands of people are using this domain, it's a free domain with a free account, i can't change this now, because this forums adress is known by 1000 people and is completely integrated in the ECC structure...

Also i will not spend money myself on a domain, unless people will donate $5 in a month..., ECC a freeware/donationware project, and i really don't have the money to pay for a domain...sorry!
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

lordashram
ECC Support

Unread post by lordashram » 22 Sep 2008, 00:30

I've gotten around it by turning off the security settings to warn about if a site is a suspected attack site,
but this will cause issues (and scare off many new potentials) for those who don't know nor know how to get around it.

Though one way around it is on the main site put a warning page on the link to the forums explaining the situation, then have that page actually link to the forums.

Or, if any of you guys has a google log in (since Firefox is getting the warning from google) is to log in here:
http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
and see if there is a way for google to unblacklist ecc.phoenixinteractive.nl but not the entire minu.nu domain.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 22 Sep 2008, 01:20

Thanks for your small tutorial lordashram! :thumb:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

lordashram
ECC Support

Unread post by lordashram » 22 Sep 2008, 03:38

No probs

lordashram
ECC Support

Unread post by lordashram » 22 Sep 2008, 20:24

The site is now ok, no need for making changes to my security settings anymore to access the site via Firefox.
Also, the issue even made it to slashdot:
http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/08/09/21/1827209.shtml