Upcomming installer updates & improvements

Discuss here anything related to ECC, emulators, ect!
Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Upcomming installer updates & improvements

Unread post by Phoenix » 18 Aug 2008, 21:45

Hi All,

Since the new NSIS Version (2.39): http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
nsis_logo.jpg
nsis_logo.jpg (7.33 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
And the new beta of the UMUI addon for NSIS (v1.00b2): http://nsis.sourceforge.net/UltraModern ... on_Changes

And my inspiration from the Winamp installer to 'direct download' additional files:
winamp_direct_download.png
we can use this for 'Xpadder Help files' and 'Xpadder Joystick skins' as an optional 'direct download' implemented the new ecc installer...stay tuned!

-Phoenix
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

ECC
ECC Founder & Developer 2005-2009

Re: Upcomming installer updates & improvements

Unread post by ECC » 18 Aug 2008, 21:57

I think, this is a good idea.
ECC Developer 2005-2009
http://www.camya.com/ecc/

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 19 Aug 2008, 20:31

OK, upcomming days i am busy with the installer, i have to rebuild most of the installer code to support the new versions (i think i am even beginning from scratch again...) this can take a while :sweatdrop:
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

ECC

Unread post by ECC » 19 Aug 2008, 21:35

Cool, but i know, it will be great!
ECC Developer 2005-2009

Blackerking
ECC Support

Unread post by Blackerking » 21 Aug 2008, 00:19

Just please don't make one thing, an allready clicked not needed add-on. I use Winamp too and i hate these installers with toolbar and plugin shi*. If you do one click to fast you got software which is never needed.
Nothing that looks like a signature.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 21 Aug 2008, 00:22

Hi Blackerking,

Don't worry, it's not software to add banners or bars :lmfao: , it's all ECC related :thumb:
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 21 Aug 2008, 23:03

Phew!...after 2,5 hours of programming the new installer from scratch...it's about 20% done! :sorcerer: , maybe i'll post a nice screen in the next days...
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 23 Aug 2008, 10:39

Ok, now after 3 more hours of programming and 1 hour of adjusting the design, you can see the difference beteween the old and new installer:
ecc_installer_1400.png
ecc_installer_2000.png
Overall completion: 45%
[- ECC programs -]

ECC

Unread post by ECC » 23 Aug 2008, 14:16

Looks fine, wait for more to come! Great!
ECC Developer 2005-2009

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Aug 2008, 20:12

Phew :sweatdrop: after more than:

- 8 hours off puzzling with all (not so well doumented) options (wich could be very frustrating)
- visited more than 30 sites for help and explanation
- and more than 60 compile's to test, adjust, test, adjust, test, adjust....

the installer is getting closer to be ready ;-)

Here i a screen shot wich you can select to download extra options, that are not shipped with the installer:
ecc installer extra downloads xpadder.jpg
Overall completion: 55%
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Aug 2008, 21:44

Small update :smartass:
Attachments
ecc installer extra downloads xpadder up1.jpg
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Aug 2008, 22:50

Ahhh.... the second page is here :sweatdrop:
Attachments
ECC installer 2nd downloadpage.jpg
[- ECC programs -]

ECC

Unread post by ECC » 24 Aug 2008, 23:02

Hm, hope that there are only 2 pages. I think, the options should be as small as possible because these are only additional files not really needed for emuControlCenter. Do you really think, that the people using emuControlCenter need this things?
ECC Developer 2005-2009

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Aug 2008, 23:15

ECC wrote:Hm, hope that there are only 2 pages. I think, the options should be as small as possible because these are only additional files not really needed for emuControlCenter. Do you really think, that the people using emuControlCenter need this things?
Yo, it's optional, most common functions have the option enabled by deafult (see screens) this will also decrease the installer size, eventually there will be 3 pages with additional downloads, and a button to skip all of these ;)
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Aug 2008, 23:24

Hey, i have another idea, i make an seperate installer for this (exe) so i can place it in the tools folder and call it: eccExtraDL.exe so the user can run this to download these extras :swing:

So the installer remains simple...;)
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 24 Aug 2008, 23:35

Like this:
Attachments
ecc extra downloads.jpg
[- ECC programs -]