Camya.com news & archive

Discuss here anything related to ECC, emulators, ect!
Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Re: Camya.com news & archive

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Jul 2007, 00:18

2007/04/25 - new ImagePacks for ecc
The members of the ecc-forum are very active today. A member of the forum have fixed the bug when parsing playstation files (Thank you!). The fix will be available via eccLive!

We have etablished a new Forum named "RESOURCE - ECC USER!", containing ImagePacks and ecc-datfiles for emuControlCenter. Phoenix and Zerosan have created together packs called

ECC Diamond Collection Imagepacks for
"Atari Jaguar", "Nintendo Gameboy", "Sega Master System" and "Sega Game Gear" containing Title and Ingame play images as hires png files! Also imagePacks by Zerosan for Gameboy Advanced, Super Nintendo and Gameboy are available now! You will find all download-links in the forum! » download imagePacks here
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer
MobyGamesImporter (MGI), ECC Amiga GetGemusConfig.

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Jul 2007, 00:18

2007/04/27 - download ImagePacks
We (mainly phoenix) have added a big collection (24 untill now!) of emuControlCenter imagePacks (called diamond edition!) on the new Download Page!

These packs (gba, n64, nds aso) contains Cover-Arts / Title- and Ingame-Screens in hi-quality including thumbnails for better performance within ecc! Feel free to add some colors to you emuControlCenter! :-)
Sebastiaan Ebeltjes | ECC Developer 2006-2016 | ECC Forum Admin | Phoenix Interactive WebMaster
[- ECC programs -]
eccUpdate, eccScriptSystem, GtkThemeSelect, DatFileUpdater (DFU), ImagePackCenter (IPC), eccDiagnostics, 3dGallery, iccImageInject
eccKameleonCode, eccCreateStartmenuShotcut, eccThirdPartyConfig (TPC), EmuMoviesDownloader (EMD), eccVideoPlayer

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Jul 2007, 00:19

2007/04/28 - emuControlCenter WIP 03

Today, i´ve added the third "Work in progress" Version of ecc to the Forum/Board. Some now features are a Compare-Function (drag´n´drop a rom over another rom, later with merge option), the new option "show only roms with personal notes" and some imageCenter related additions like "thumb-quality settings" in config-popup and "Remove all images for selected rom" for the mainview context-menu. Also this WIP-Version should hopefully the Playstation1 parsing bug!
Attachments
ecc_splashscreen_imagepacks_small.jpg
ecc_splashscreen_imagepacks_small.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/04/29 - uploaded WIP 04

Step by step we make ecc bigger! :-) Today, i´ve uploaded WIP 04. This Version contains the new implementation of Compare & Merge Roms!. (If you know Beyond compare, you will know, how the context menu works :-)) Also i´ve made the "Open rom with" option a little bit clearer. You will find this WIP in the Forum. Feel free to register an account to support emuControlCenter with your bugreports/feature-requests

Chinese emuControlCenter Review!
I the comparison "Four front-end tools simulator detailed comparative evaluation", the emuControlCenter gets an very good vote. Maybe you wants to read the full article (READ English translation / READ Original Chinese version)

Because of this thread, we will take a look, how to get emuControlCenter working for Chinese, Japanese and all other people :-)

Add your own Translation:
At this time, emuControlCenter contains translations for German (i18/de), French (i18n/fr) and English (i18n/en). If you want to add your translations, feel free to copy the folder i18n/en and rename them to i18n/xx (xx = your countrycode). We have added a thread at the Forum/Board!
Attachments
20070506_ecc_options_800.jpg
20070506_emuinfo_800.gif
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/05/02 - 3 Japanese platforms added! Phoenix added 3 japanese Computer-Systems on request of
Yoshi (Admin of http://www.emunavi.com/) to the emuControlCenter.

Fujitsu FM-7, NEC PC-8801 and NEC PC-6001 are now available via eccLive update. More platforms from japan will follow! Now emuControlCenter supports 56 Platforms!

Release of emuControlCenter 0.9.1
We will release the next version of emuControlCenter this week. This release will contain the changes of 5 WIP-Releases + some additional contents!
Attachments
ecc_fm7_teaser.png
ecc_pc8801_teaser.png
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/05/05 - ecc 0.9.1 FYEO V05
Hi, again, i´ve added and removed, fixed and optimized some features in this (last prelive) WIP-Version.

I´ve removed the button "Navigation autoupdate", because i dont know, why to deaktivate this option. So its default activated now!

Also i´ve grayed out the "Rom->Add new ROM" in the top-menu, if no Platform is selected. I think, the most new users of ecc dont know, what to select for all found. This is a better solution, i think. Also the label is changed to "Add new ROMS for Platformname", if and Platform is selected.

I18n - Added new file menuTop and updated the popupConfig file. (Now you can translate the tab-labels in the config)

The search now should react much faster than before. Hope, this is performant at all.

Also i´ve added the filesize to the ecc-datfile export/import!
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Jul 2007, 00:21

2007/05/06 - emuControlCenter 0.9.1 RELEASE TODAY
yesterday, i´ve uploaded the last WIP-Version (ecc 0.9.1 FYEO V06) of ecc containing some usability changes and a little fix. The Platform "Configuration" (Platform Context-Menu) opens the emuconfig and selected the right platform.

Also the Compare/Merge now also is usable for roms you dont have (metadata only!).

Phoenix makes an ecc-core update with new drivers. Also he will update the imagePack-Mirrors (Direct Downloads for emunews24-Server).

Btw.. the eccLive has now an optional autoupdate included. If you activate this option, ecc search for updates on startup! Fine work, phoenix!
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Jul 2007, 00:21

2007/05/06 - emuControlCenter 0.9.1 RELEASED
Today we can add a new Version 0.9.1 of the emuControlCenter to the public.

This release contains many additions. Mainly we have optimized usability aspects of the tool. This version is easier to use than the version 0.9.0.

Download emuControlCenter 0.9.1

The new Emulator-Info area in the Emulator configuration gives you an overview of the best emulators for the selected platform including hints and configuration tips. A doubleclick in the Platform-Navigations opens "Add rom" Path selector, doubleclick on a rom opens the rom, or, if there is no emulator assigned, the emulator configuration.

The freeform metasearch is now faster than ever.

The imageCenter now could be used by drag´n´drop or if the user dont know how to use this, by simple context-menus. Also there are configuration parameter added to change the thumnail quality. Roms can now deleted from emuControlCenter database including all images for this rom, if this is your wish :-).

imagePacks
You can download 25 imagePacks for emuControlCenter (more than 700 MB of Covers, Ingame-Screenshots, Storage-Shots) as direct- or rapishare download

You will find the imagePacks for emuControlCenter here

Your will now find your personal notes simpler by using the new option "show all roms with personal notes!" Also the save/delete mechanism for this notes is optimized in 0.9.1!

With the new "feel lucky" function, you can select an Random-Rom (RandROM? :-)), if you dont know, what game to play next.

Get your copy of the emuControlCenter to see, if theses changes fits your needs. If not, feel free to add your comments, bugreports, features to the ecc-forum!

You will find the full changelog here

Code: Select all

ROMS/EMULATORS
- config: added new info area for emulator download including configuration infos
- Doubleclick on Platform-Navigation opens "Add ROM"
- Topmenu "Add new ROMS" is deactivated, if no platform is selected!
- platformNav contextmenu "configuration" now opens the emuconfig + selected platform

- imageCenter
-- added contextmenu to add/remove images (rightclick on a imageSlot)
-- added hilighting on selection 
-- Add/Remove popup dont put imageCenter in background
-- Added 3 additional slots for storage images (like cds, cartdridges aso)
- better integration of ecc imageConverter + statistcs in status-area
- added Remove ROM images (also automaticlly called after Remove ROM from database)
- Configuration: Added Thumbnail quality / min original size selector

SEARCH
- optimized search speed for freeform search
- fixed the strange behavior of "match beginning of searchword"

ROMCOMBINER (Compare/Merge)
-- added FULL merge functionallity to merge eg. title, developer to different roms!
--- Use the arrows in popup to merge data!
-- added mainlist contextmenu 'Compare - Select left side' -> 'Compare to "romname"'
--- First select a rom with 'Compare - Select left side'
--- Then a second with 'Compare to "romname"'
--- OR use drag´n´drop!!!!

OPTIONS
- Added option "show all roms with personal notes!"
- added nav-autoupdate for "show all available metadata"
- added "feel lucky", showing a single random game (F4)
- added "reload", reloading roms in view (F5)
- removed option "navigation autoupdate" Now activated by default!

DATFILES
- updated ecc-datfile format (v0.97) filesize added!

BUGFIXES
- fixed problem with parsing PS1 Files.

TOOLS
- White edition
- Added XP look
- Added tooltips on the buttons
- Updated the OCX components!
- Fixed 'HALT' on Japanese / Chinese systems.
Attachments
20070506_ecc_imgcenter_800.jpg
20070506_ecc_options_800.jpg
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Jul 2007, 00:22

2007/05/22 - emuControlCenter 0.9.2 WIP 06
The most of you haven´t seen yet, that there is the 0.9.2 WIP 6 available on the ecc-forum!
For these people, here a litte summary, whats between the last six WIP-Versions.

The biggest updates in this Version are the new structured right detail-pane for better overview and the eccScript Scripting-Support. Also, there is a new mode (devel) implemented, that only parse roms to the ecc-database with counterparts in the metadata (from datfile).

The settings and expander-state in the imageCenter will now full saved. So, your settings will be the same after restart ecc. Also a little glitch in the compare-popup was fixed in this WIP-Versions

I´ve added many new translations (i18n) strings, so ecc 0.9.2 is more multilanguage than ever. In ecc 0.9.1, there is an error, if you toggle between list- and detail-view. This is fixed.
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Jul 2007, 00:23

2007/06/01 - emuControlCenter 0.9.2 WIP 10

I´ve totally forgotten to update the news. So you have not seen the last 3 WIP-Versions of emuControlCenter. :-) If you want the latest news faster, also take a look to the Forum/Board.

This time, i´ve added a new VIEW-MODE ("HAVE" + "DONT HAVE"). Also this Version contains some performance fixes, so this version of ecc should be a little bit faster. The eccScript configuration now shows the state (add/edit/delete)

Phoenix has totaly rewritten the ecc.exe, so the startup is much faster. Also the eccScript (this can e.g. be used for emulators, which dont support commandline-parameters) is implemented by him.

A guy from no-intro has offered us an Spanish translation. At this time, emuControlCenter is translated to German, Frensh and English!

Maybe you wanna take a look at the changelog, where you can see all changes so far. You can download this Version again in the forum!

Download emuControlCenter 0.9.2 FYEO V10

emuControlCenter 0.9.2 FYEO changelog

Code: Select all

FYEO 10
- Implemented new VIEW-MODES "HAVE" + "DONT HAVE"
- Optimized queries for building and updating navigation.
- Cache navigation images
- Implemented image caching for listview images
- eccScript
- added indicator, if there is an eccscript available
- alert error, if there is no valid emulator assigned
- fixed some little glitches
- added real language-strings to lang-dropdown in configuration

FYEO 09
- added a autoupdating preview of the emulator command! COOOL :-)
- added placeholder %ROM% to "commandline-parameter" in emu-config
-- "--fullscreen=1 %ROM% --sync=1 == (emu.exe --fullscreen=1 romfile.rom --sync=1)"
- fixed problem with param 8.3 causing a ecc-crash

FYEO 08
- added startup configuration

FYEO 07
- added autoupdate for categories dropdown!
- optimize speed of import datfiles / parse roms to database

FYEO 06
- eccScript
-- added delete-button
-- escape path for script creation (button edit/create)
-- changed extension to .eccscript
-- added active/inactive state for eccscript
- added the 05+ features

FYEO 05
- fixed eccScript problem with finding eccScript.exe
- implemented button to edit eccScript to configuration
-- for ecc-core/tools-thirdParty/notepad++/notepad++.exe
- added /fastload for config-changes
- changed order in emu-config GLOBAL|ALT1|ALT2|extension1|....|extensionN

FYEO 04
- implemented possibility for platforms, to parse only roms with available metadata entry
- !!! THIS IS ONLY DEVEL !!! - This could be added to ecc_eccident_user.ini later
-- used for multifile platforms like neogeo
-- Create a datfile with the first (start) file of a game as entry in the datfile
-- Import this datfile to ecc metadatabase
--- ecc searches, if this entry is in db and parse the rom, otherwise not!
--- you have to set the option "connectedMetaOnly = 1" in the ecc_eccident_system.ini

[EXTENSIONS]
ext = 1
[PARSER]
FileParserGeneric#cpc = ext
[OPTIONS]
connectedMetaOnly = 1

FYEO 03
- Added possibility to start eccScript direct, if available
- updated frensh translation by cyrille

FYEO 02
- imageCenter: implemented storage for imagePopup options and imageslot expander (bottom)
- fixed a glitch in the compare-popup
- Full restructured right detail-pane for better overview
- added more translation files for mainGui and Metainformations pane

FYEO 01
- Added and fixed some i18n placeholders in configPopup
- added /fastload to ecc.exe calls
Attachments
20070407_autocompletion_800.jpg
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/06/09 - emuControlCenter php-gtk2 update!
The next version 0.9.5 of emuControlCenter is using php 5.2.2 with gtk-2.10. This Version is using the builds provided by http://perisama.net/! Thank you for the great work!

I´ve yesterday again doing some coding to make eccScript integration more confortable. Now, you get an Description of the autodetected eccScript extracted from the script header.
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/06/11
emuControlCenter 0.9.2 WIP 15

This version also add some eccScript addition plus some "Cellphone Java games" additions as seen on the screenshot.

If you want to organzize your Cellphone / Mobile / Handy games, emuControlCenter is a good solution now including original Game-Incons!

Also we are working in background under pressure for the 0.9.5 release of emuControlCenter. :-)
Attachments
cellphone.gif
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/06/16
emuControlCenter 0.9.5 WIP 17 RC 1

Now we have the first Release candidate for emuControlCenter 0.9.5 so hopefully you can download this new Version on SUNDAY.

This WIP-Version 17 includes complete new confirm/info popup handeling to avoid focus problems. Also in WIP 16, the info pane was restructured totally. Now you can show the Header-Informations of an Cellphone/Super Nintendo rom direct in an new Tab.

Visit the Forum/Board to download the RC1 version and add your comments! » FORUM/BOARD
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/06/17
emuControlCenter 0.9.5 released

ENGLISH: We have just released emuControlCenter 0.9.5.

emuControlCenter is a Startcenter for Console, Handheld, Computer and Cellphone games. The integrated Search- and Imagefunctions make finding and starting your favorite Game easy.

You can download the emuControlCenter 0.9.5 here. (installer or rar)

This Version contains again many new Features, optimizations and bugfixes. Please take a look at the cangelog of the last 19 WIP versions to get an overview.

DEUTSCH: Wir haben gerade das emuControlCenter 0.9.5 veröffentlicht.

emuControlCenter ist ein Startcenter für Spiele diverser Konsolen, Handhelds, Computer und Handys. Die integrierte Suche und die Bildansicht vereinfacht das auffinden und starten deiner Lieblingsspiele.

Ab sofort könnt Ihr hier das emuControlCenter herunterladen (installer oder rar).

Wie immer beinhaltete diese Version viele Neuerungen, Optimierungen und Bugfixes. Am besten solltet Ihr auf das Changelog der letzten 19 WIP Versionen werfen.
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/06/22
emuControlCenter 0.9.6 WIP 01

Until now, the Gamelist-Modes could be toggled on runtime. No more restart to switch the views. (try F1 and F2 key!)

Also it is possible now to import the romDB datfile for a selected Platform direct from Internet to your emuControlCenter.

The 0.9.5 Version has an bug in the php.ini settings causing an crash on files bigger than 64MB. This is fixed by an php.ini update. Please use eccLive! for this update! » How to update via eccLive?
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Jul 2007, 00:24

2007/06/24 emuControlCenter 0.9.6 WIP 02

This new WIP-Version contains a first experimental NeoGeo parser. Hopefully this is the first step for adding all Arcade and Multifile platforms. I�m working hard on this task! :-)

Phoenix have added the Platform "Adobe Flash games"... very funny. Now you can also organize Handy- and Flash-Games within emuControlCenter.

This Flash-Update is available via eccLive... so get it now! :-)
Attachments
20070624_ecc_flash_800x600.png
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/06/26
japanese translation works

Yoshi send us an japanese translation of the i18n files. So we can try to make emuControlCenter ready for an japanese version. Take a look at the screenshot section for a little preview.
Attachments
20070625_ecc_japanese_800x600.jpg
20070625_ecc_japanese_412x309.gif
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/06/28
emuControlCenter 0.9.6 WIP 03

Yesterday i've finalized the Preview-Version containing the first japanese translation. At this moment Phoenix will test this version.

emuControlCenter is now full
translated into the languages
"English", "German", "French" and "Japanese"!
Phoenix works on the "Dutch" Version this moment :-)

Also this WIP-Version fixes to bugs as described in the ecc-forum:
- Fixed "No extension" path bug
- Fixed problem, if ecc-user folder is missing!
- Fixed "Some wierd errors" bug

If you want read more about this WIP-Version, visit us in our Forum. Maybe you could translate the emuControlCenter for chinese, spanish or your language!
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

2007/07/01 emuControlCenter 0.9.6 WIP 07

Ok, i've missed again to add some news about the last 4 WIP-Versions.

We have optimized the Multirom-Support. Now starting of Capcom Arcade-Systems and NeoGeo via WinKawaks is possible from within emuControlCenter.

I've added many translation-strings. So the biggest part of emuControlCenter is translateable.
Attachments
eccYellowLogo.gif
eccYellowLogo.gif (4.24 KiB) Viewed 2004 times
[- ECC programs -]

Phoenix
ECC Developer 2006-2016

Unread post by Phoenix » 30 Jul 2007, 00:31

2007/07/02 emuControlCenter 0.9.6 News

I´ve updated the screenshot section with an first screenshot of emuControlCenter running on an japanese windows installation. Looks very cool.

Big thanks again to Yoshi of emunavi.com for his translation.

Also a big thanks to Cyrille, who has updated the french translation today!

Also Phoenix have added a new Section called »ScriptPacks.

This section contains all available eccScript you can use, to give emulators features, they dont have! (like commandline support)
Ask in the Forum, if you dont know, how to use these eccScripts.

Available eccScripts:
» Project Tempest v0.95 (Atari Jaguar)
» VICE Emulator v1.21 (Commodore VIC-20)
» Kwyshell's Midp2Exe Convert Tool (Cellphone Java)
» GeePee32 v0.43 (Game Park 32)
» Minimon v2005 (Nintendo Pokemon Mini)
» PKemu v1.1 (Sony pocketstation)
Attachments
20070702_ecc_japanese_800x600.jpg
[- ECC programs -]